Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: New Orleans LA
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
boss302

munster

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/20 03:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HELP please. Going to New Orleans in a couple of weeks with a Class A motorhome. Can anyone suggest a nice RV park maybe not directly in the city but not too far out. Towing a car so that is not a issue,
Everything that I have looked at in Good Sams or other web sites the parks seem really old and run down, What I mean is that it is either it is in a bad area, you are parking on a dirt lot or the place looks run down. Want to stay 5 nights so want something a little better.

MDKMDK

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/20 03:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can't make a recommendation as we've never stayed in that area. Try searching for parks along the I-12 corridor, north of the city, between Slidell, Hammond, and Red Stick.

Mike.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

PhilipB

MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/20 03:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

French Quarter RV Resort is nice, but also in the city. I know you mentioned staying further out. Walking distance to French Quarter. Also pricey, but it's right there.

2015 Ram 2500
2013 Raptor 310TS

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/20 04:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I stayed at a KOA in the western part of the city, they will take you to the end of the streetcar line to go down town. also stayed at the KOA in slidel, nice but bring mosquito repellant along.
bumpy

chiefneon

Livingston, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/20 04:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Howdy!

We have stayed at Pontchartrain Landing. It a nice RV park outside of the city but still a short drive. It is also a Pass Port America discount park. We stayed for a week on PPA discount. They also have a nice bar and restaurant on the property. They also have large pull throughs.

Pontchartrain Landing

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

K Charles

Connecticut

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/20 04:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stayed at the KOA West of town. It was fine. We went to see New Orleans not the campground.

Wadcutter

IL

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/20 07:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stay at Bayou Signette State Park which is on the SW edge of the metro area. Rural setting, sites have a lot of space between them, water and electric connections, very good Wifi at every site. Very clean well maintained shower houses. The park is very well cared for and safe. From BSSP you're about a 10 minute drive into the French Quarter. It's easy to get to from I-10 by taking 310 to US 90. I don't remember the price. Something like $20/night. A real bargain for camping fee that close to a major city.
We have stayed at Fairview Riverside State Park in Madisonville on the north side of Lake Pontchartrain. A nice state park but the sites are a lot closer together than at BSSP. Fountainbleu SP is also on the north side in Mandeville. We stayed there once until we started staying at BSSP.
We also stayed at KOA West. Sites are very close together and tight. Others may like it but it's not the kind we prefer, particularly with such a nice park like BSSP available.
We stayed 1 time in another park in NOLA but I can't recall the name. Way too much city noise and traffic.
There's a couple of campgrounds next to each other in Slidel on 190 east of I-10 which aren't too bad. If it's been raining we found both of them to stand water in places.

* This post was edited 03/04/20 09:05pm by Wadcutter *

Camped in every state

La Gasser

Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/20 08:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stay at Reunion Lake RV Resort off of I-12, exit 47 in Ponchatoula/Robert. It's about 55 miles to the French Quarter - down I-12 to Covington and then across Lake Pontchatrain on the causeway. This campground is awesome. Super clean, quiet and all concrete sites and roads. Not the cheapest, but worth the extra costs.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/20 09:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have reservations for Early July at French Quarter RV Resort. Walking distance to Bourbon ST. I've been told to uber back to the campground because it can be dicey walking back. Either way it seems the best choice for checking out the French Quarter. And if you drive in parking can be as much as $30-$40!!!!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

1320Fastback

Vista, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/20 11:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stayed at the KOA on the west side and its ok. The amenities are dated but you are in one of the poorest states in the union visiting a very run down city. Evrything at the KOA was clean and in working order though.

1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.