cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best Used Hybrid to Tow 4-Down 4-Door ??

TC_Z
Explorer
Explorer
I have searched and found several posts about hybrid towables 4-down. We have towed a '97 Jeep Wrangler for 12 yrs and need to replace it. Wife wants to get a used 4-door Wrangler. I would like to get a used hybrid if possible.

So far I have found CRV, CMax, Esacape, Mariner, Fusion and MKZ.

What is best 4-door hybrid towable for me to investigate further?

Thank you
TC&Z
2007 Winn Voyage 38J, gas 8.1L engine
2018 Jeep Cherokee flat tow
7 REPLIES 7

jules6
Explorer
Explorer
They did not make a CRV hybrid in 2014. There is a 2020 CRV hybrid that is not towable four down.
The last honda CRV that is towable was in 2014, after that they changed the trans to a CVT.

TC_Z
Explorer
Explorer
lryrob9301 wrote:
Suggest you check your information about a Honda CRV Hybrid being towable 4 down.
Page 462 of the 2020 Honda CRV Hybrid Owners Manual states:
Towing Your Vehicle
Your vehicle is not designed to be towed behind a motor home. If your vehicle needs
to be towed in an emergency, refer to the emergency towing information.

No worries, I will check whatever suggestions carefully. In a post on RV.net the person may have been mistaken but they claimed a 14 CRV was suitable.

Thanks though....
TC&Z
2007 Winn Voyage 38J, gas 8.1L engine
2018 Jeep Cherokee flat tow

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Suggest you check your information about a Honda CRV Hybrid being towable 4 down.
Page 462 of the 2020 Honda CRV Hybrid Owners Manual states:
Towing Your Vehicle
Your vehicle is not designed to be towed behind a motor home. If your vehicle needs
to be towed in an emergency, refer to the emergency towing information.

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
The MKZ is certainly the nicest. Overall best value IMO is a C-Max Energi. Those can be bought cheap as their former owners have now flocked to full EVs like the Tesla Model 3. The 15-20 mile all electric will cover most local drives, and give you a silent mode in campgrounds. Seating position is nice too, as it's a pretty much a lowered Escape (body shells are actually the same) but with better fuel economy.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

kyhawk
Explorer
Explorer
Our Escape Hybrid has been a great toad for 12 years, plus it's a good daily driver. If they still made it, I'd get another one.
Janet & Ralph
2008 Winnebago Aspect 26A
2008 Ford Escape Hybrid

DouglasC
Explorer
Explorer
Over the past 12 years I have towed a 2008 Mercury Mariner, a 2012 Ford Fusion, a 2014 Lincoln MKZ (all hybrids) and now tow a 2019 Ford Fusion Energi (plug in hybrid). All towed great - - no problems at all. The Lincoln was the best riding (soaked up the bumps really well) but the Fusion Energi gets the best fuel economy overall. I'd recommend any of them!
Doug
2006 Jayco Greyhawk Model 27DS
Towing 2019 Ford Fusion Energi with Brake Buddy

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Those are some very different vehicles. Seems like only you can know what you like the best. But since I'm spending your money ๐Ÿ˜‰ I'd say the MKZ is the "best" vehicle of all of those (and is towable 4 down).
Hope that helps! :B