cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lake Isabella RV Resort

plkitchen
Explorer
Explorer
I plan to stay at the Lake Isabella RV Resort in California in early September of 2020. I wonder if I need to make a reservation months in advance or if I can wait until the date is closer. I would appreciate any information anyone has regarding camp site availability in the September time frame.
10 REPLIES 10

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
dedmiston wrote:
Do you need hookups or is boondocking an option for you?

You must be thinking what I am thinking...the reservoir at the bottom of King's Canyon. Super nice place. Uncrowded.

dedmiston
Do you need hookups or is boondocking an option for you?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

windinmyface2
Explorer
Explorer
there is also a KOA about 5 miles from the 'RV Resort. unfortunatly, Kern River Valley is sadly lacking in good parks. Camp James and rivernook are the best, but usualy booked up.booking in advance may get you in.
lets go!!

SAR_Tracker
Explorer
Explorer
I'd suggest either Camp James or Rivernook Campground. A little further away from Bodfish, but both are right on the river.
Rusty & Cheryl
2011 F250 2WD 6.2L Gasser
2008 Weekend Warrior FB2100
"Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education" - Victor Hugo (1802-1885)

Puttin
Explorer
Explorer
That place was the the worst we've ever been to- bar none. If you have to be in the area find another spot. I can't recommend any though. A little further west is Bakersfield- where there's a huge selection of great spots.

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
Always make reservations as early as possible for any RV park or campground in California.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

plkitchen
Explorer
Explorer
We will be visiting my wifes sister and her family in Bodfish.

plkitchen
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
plkitchen wrote:
I plan to stay at the Lake Isabella RV Resort in California in early September of 2020. I wonder if I need to make a reservation months in advance or if I can wait until the date is closer. I would appreciate any information anyone has regarding camp site availability in the September time frame.

Mid-week or weekend? Schools are back in session by then, so mid-week shouldn't be bad. It's still hot that time of year (technically brush fire season).

How did you pick Isabella as a destination?

(DISCLAIMER: Last time I camped at Isabella we had to rush home to watch the Apollo 11 lunar landing, so it's been a while. :B)

dedmiston
plkitchen wrote:

Mid-week or weekend? Schools are back in session by then, so mid-week shouldn't be bad. It's still hot that time of year (technically brush fire season).

How did you pick Isabella as a destination?

(DISCLAIMER: Last time I camped at Isabella we had to rush home to watch the Apollo 11 lunar landing, so it's been a while. :B)

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Have you been there previously? I'm not a fan of LI.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad