cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Psssst...wanna see a Wall?

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
Our three months on the winter road have taken us to....the Wall.

https://mrgwh.blogspot.com/2020/03/the-wallseperating-mexico-from-us.html

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/
39 REPLIES 39

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
irishtom29 wrote:
Make it a felony to employ illegal aliens and then give a few employers of them stiff sentences in maximum security prisons. When work for illegals dries up so will their presence.

This would be a great idea, but it takes people on both sides of the political divide to pass a law. The problem is that neither side is particularly encouraged to do so...

The Left likes to proclaim open borders, any enforcement is racist. They don't actually want to change laws, that would take away their ability to buy votes by warning about the racist Right that wants to deport any immigrants.

The Right likes to proclaim they are the Law and Order party and they want to enforce the existing laws. They don't actually want to change laws because that would take away their ability to buy votes by promising to end illegal immigration.

Neither side of lifetime political hacks actually cares about the issue. Its a bargaining chip to play to their base. Neither side is motivated to actually FIX it. Trump, not a career politician, doesn't seem to care about the political nuances involved... he said he was going to fix it and he is doing what he can to fix it. The wall, as well as stepped up Federal enforcement, are part of his process.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
JRscooby wrote:
Bird Freak wrote:
At least he is trying to solve a problem no one else has.

No. He is trying to convince you he is solving a problem nobody else is.
If they really wanted the undocumented out of the country it could be done nation wide, no change in laws, for less than the cost of a mile of wall. And be done in a couple of months.

Do tell, how do we solve this? The problem is much bigger than people think. I'm a police officer in a "sanctuary" county, where the Liberal government refuses to allow Federal agencies into our jails to take custody of illegal immigrant CRIMINALS who are in our jails because they've committed criminal acts. Our agency is like many in this country, where the local government REFUSES to help the Feds and oftentimes actively obstruct efforts.

I'm not sure if this wall is the physical barrier we may hope for, but its certainly part of a bigger process that is showing that we are finally fighting back. Illegal crossings are down, enforcement of crossings is up... its worth my money spent.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

irishtom29
Explorer
Explorer
Make it a felony to employ illegal aliens and then give a few employers of them stiff sentences in maximum security prisons. When work for illegals dries up so will their presence.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
If Feds want to stop illegal immigration and remove the ones from the country just enforce the laws we have.
Wed morning target a large plant where they have many low wage workers with a raid. If find somebody without papers needed to work legally, arrest them. But most important, grab all employment records.
Wed to Friday, go thru books. Learn about all illegals working. Also who are major owners, and what else they own.
Friday night SWAT hits their homes, waving automatic weapons and setting off flashbangs around the families. Plenty of practice on the thug part of town. Family in street all houses, cars, businesses and accounts seized. Civil asset forfeiture, make them prove not profit of illegal activity. Set bail at 10 times what they can pay so hold for trial.
Monday the story is in WSJ. Wed hit another business. By the 2nd Friday the jobs for undocumented would be disappearing and self deportation would start.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
2112 wrote:
Hence Change The Laws to allow federal enforcement. Certain current federal immigration laws rely on local enforcement and cooperation.

Bingo! We could stop it if we wanted to. One group wants the workers, the other wants the voters. Therefore! Nothing happens.

Explorer II
Explorer II
Hence Change The Laws to allow federal enforcement. Certain current federal immigration laws rely on local enforcement and cooperation.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
This interesting picture, and eyesore, of trash strewn all across hundreds of miles of our border is not good for the environment either.

Our "wildlife" did not do this and I am sure they do not like living in this either.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Interesting pictures. Ty Gary.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
2112 wrote:
There are existing laws in place. Enforce them or change the laws the proper way, through congress. The only thing this wall will stop is area wildlife. Meanwhile, our vets deserve better.

There are several states/cities that will not enforce the law. Those places cannot control what happens at the wall.

Explorer II
Explorer II
There are existing laws in place. Enforce them or change the laws the proper way, through congress. The only thing this wall will stop is area wildlife. Meanwhile, our vets deserve better.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
aftermath wrote:
I just sent a message to the moderators asking them to shut this thread down. Message did not go through. I got the "technical difficulties" response. Big Brother is watching! I am not a wall fan.

Thanks for being the forum police. Enforcing the laws/rules is important. Just like stopping illegal immigration.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

aftermath
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just sent a message to the moderators asking them to shut this thread down. Message did not go through. I got the "technical difficulties" response. Big Brother is watching! I am not a wall fan.
2017 Toyota Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7L V8
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Start busting people who hire illegals, like golf course operators and farmers. Then, get out of the way as the illegals head south. No demand means no interest. "Follow the money".

But, be ready for a huge increase in costs of some items.

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
pitch wrote:
Modern jets have no problem flying over that abomination. They are full of people entering and staying. No matter how many dig climb or cut that wall, they will be always outnumbered by those that come by plane and let their visa's expire.
How ever most of them are not brown, so it is ok!

We are a Nation of Laws. Our laws have no color.

Everybody is subject to those laws and that is ok!

We have over 50,000 Irish visa overstays. They are not "brown". I have no problem with sending them back home. They have violated our laws.

No matter how many bank robbers, criminals, and thieves, of all colors there are, let them get away with committing crimes?

The thieves outnumber the law enforcement, so let's just do away with all law enforcement? I don't think so.

Bio-metric tracking is being implemented, visa tracking needs to be set up and enforced. We are finally getting those systems in place, should have been done decades ago.

Cut off the free stuff immediately, school, medical, and birthright citizenship which is an abomination that we are rewarding law breakers with our hard earned dollars against our will.