cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mexico Beach Florida

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
A possible trip into Florida with our trailer---is the Mexico Beach area worth the effort to visit? We don't want to be in the way of folks getting back into their homes or businesses.
Also, any good places to stop to eat or stay?
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
CharlesinGA wrote:
I read where Presnell's which is south of Port St Joe, is open again. People seem to like it, I have not been there. Charles

That's where we stayed a few weeks ago. Like it so much that we've booked 2 weeks next Feb. I don't know how it was before the storm but it is very nice now. Nice folks in the office...never been greeted so nicely. Fantastic views.
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
I read where Presnell's which is south of Port St Joe, is open again. People seem to like it, I have not been there.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
East of Mexico Beach 50 miles or so you will cross a bridge mile or so long crossing Ochlockonee Bay . A small restaurant on the right , very good sea food , cheaper than most , not a tourist trap." TROPICAL TRADER " . Mostly locals eat there . The parking lot will be full of contractors , deputy sheriffs , and a few of us local drunks .

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks all. We will go through there. Looking forward to seeing the area and trying the food along the Gulf. We'll be the ones with paper white legs and big grins......

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Went through there 2 weeks ago taking 98 etc from Palatka Fla to Destin. Mexico Beach is recovering and places are open. I'm sure they would appreciate some business since they have a ways to go. We stayed in Port St Joe and then Eglin AFB/Destin.
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Any time that you can drive down highway 98 it is well worth the trip . Lots to see and do both sides of Mexico . Beaches , fishing , deer , bears ,oysters , and nice people . Stay away from I-10 ..

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
I not sure if that area has recovered from the storm. In fact I'm sure it has not, but whether it recovered enough, that I don't know.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper