cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replace Dinette Set?

doghouseman
Explorer
Explorer
Is it common to replace the table dinette set with more comfortable accommodations?

I really dont need a table to eat on and I would rather have a big lazy boy type chair in place of a dinette set. Can I replace it after market?
10 REPLIES 10

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Rick Jay wrote:
drsteve wrote:

My guess is his wife wants the dinette gone.

Maybe, but his "handle" is doghouseman. I'm guessing there might be some meaning to that which suggests he doesn't care what his wife wants! LOL ๐Ÿ™‚

~Rick

LOL! Well played!
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
drsteve wrote:

Maybe, but his "handle" is doghouseman. I'm guessing there might be some meaning to that which suggests he doesn't care what his wife wants! LOL ๐Ÿ™‚

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

nrbsr
Explorer
Explorer
When planning for our trip to Alaska last year we replaced our dinette with a jacknife sofa. It fit perfectly in the dinette space and was much more comfortable than the dinette for our 12,000 mile trip. I bought a lagun table mount to add a small table to the couch.
Norb
Upstate NY
Grand Design Imagine 2800BH

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
What does your wife want? That's where you should start.

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
What is under the seats? On our previous trailer, the water tank, pump and plumbing took up all the space under one bench. Under the other was the furnace and some duct work and a small storage area. On that trailer, we wouldn't have gained very much floor space.
In our current c-class, most of the space is available except for a fresh water tank in one corner, which could be worked around, maybe an end table. Of course I would have to relocate 12v and 120v wiring and plugs in each endwall.
For resale, there are no rules saying that you have to put it back to factory specs. You may find people would rather have a dinnette or someone that loves your mod.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
common in a 20 foot travel trailer, truck camper, 45 foot Class A, etc.? more details would give you a little better idea of what is commonly done.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
What does your wife want? That's where you should start.

routeforty
Explorer
Explorer
I did it a few years ago. Dinette and couch were opposite each other. Removed the dinette and couch and put 2 lazy boys in. For a table I hinged a stock Lowes countertop to the wall where the dinette was and used 2 folding stools if we wanted to use the table-which was folded down when not in use(most of the time). When I gave the TT to daughter I put the dinette back in along with the couch. Easy job for anyone with only "minor" carpentry skills.
2018 coachmen leprechaun class c 2008 KZ spree 260FL

bid_time
Explorer
Explorer
You can replace it as long as whatever you buy, will fit thru the RV door. Just something to think about.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Of course. But when you go to sell it buyers will ask where is the dinette.

I dislike dinettes and would prefer a buffet with a smaller table with two stand alone chairs.

If you have storage room, you could keep the old dinette and put it heck in when you sell.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.