cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Don't forget this weekend

Admin
Sunday, March 8, 2020, 2:00:00 am clocks are turned forward 1 hour to. Sunday, March 8, 2020, 3:00:00 am daylight time

Admin
Admin
RV.net
18 REPLIES 18

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
older_fossil wrote:

I remember hearing that dairy cows need to be milked in the morning based on their own internal 24 hour clocks, not on the farmer's clock, but that the milk processors changed to the new time, creating a scheduling problem.

Art

Grew up on a dairy farm back before MI went to Extra Dumb Stupid Time (EDST) in the summers,, and in fact was still on the farm when they made the change..

I can tell you this is not precisely accurate but close enough.
The cows (or the heard dog) basically know when to head to the barn and it's tough getting them to come in sooner)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

older_fossil
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:
I'm for DST all the time in the midwest. Somehow I remember that the farmers had problems with the time change but the reasons escape me.

I remember hearing that dairy cows need to be milked in the morning based on their own internal 24 hour clocks, not on the farmer's clock, but that the milk processors changed to the new time, creating a scheduling problem.

Art
Art & Barbara
2016 Tiffin AB 37AP
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
To dang early in the year, makes no sense to me
Always mucks up my mornings for several weeks
My body and Soul have to adjust, not ready for the alarm and wake up

Yea, so tired of changing clocks twice a year.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:
I'm for DST all the time in the midwest. Somehow I remember that the farmers had problems with the time change but the reasons escape me.
Electric lights changed everything. Had to look it up and they gave 1918 as when it was implemented for WW1 then done away with and brought back for WW2 and has remained.

Reminds me of a telephone tax that was implemented to pay for the Spanish American war before finally being eliminated in the 1980's.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
azdryheat wrote:
You can skip Arizona. When will DST go the way of the buggy whip? Not needed these days.

On this AZ we agree.. I mean which costs less
Messing with the clocks 2x a year or a ONE TIME change of the door sign to say "9-5 winter 8-4 summer" or some such (Actual dates)
and Dolly to sing "Working 8 to 4" in the summer time?

All the millions of dollars which will be wasted to day re-setting clocks is amazing.

Thankfuly my most important (Alarm) clock re-sets itself being a computer.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
edatlanta wrote:
I think we should adopt DST full time. Spring forward and stay that way.

I'd vote for that! :). Used to be that way and I loved it.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
edatlanta: X2
Daylight savings all the time. After all who's to say standard time is the correct time to use as a standard?
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
After you get done here you can go over to Class A and remove the sales post in the wrong forum by Idle-up
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
but it will be lighter later!

But dark again when we get up in the morning.

Yup, DST should go away IMHO. There is some evidence now that DST has negative health effects on people.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
You can skip Arizona. When will DST go the way of the buggy whip? Not needed these days.
Actually they still sell buggy whips in the Amish community. I agree though that DST has outlived it's usefulness and is just a inconvenience. Pick one or the other.

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
I think we should adopt DST full time. Spring forward and stay that way.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

bdpreece
Explorer
Explorer
Love living in Arizona. We don't have to mess with that. Will be nice to have the west coast TV schedule coordinated with my sleep schedule though.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

MrWizard
To dang early in the year, makes no sense to me
Always mucks up my mornings for several weeks
My body and Soul have to adjust, not ready for the alarm and wake up
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s