cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPMS Battery

cliffy49
Explorer II
Explorer II
For those of you that have changed the batteries in your TPMS, have you found that the unit holds a residual memory or do you have to completely have to re-program the units?

Getting ready to change out the batteries and would like to know what to expect.

Thanks in advance for all your help.
cliffy49
2016 F150 Ecoboost & max tow (Gone)
2021 Silverado Custom 2500HD
2018 Catalina TH26 Toy hauler
6 REPLIES 6

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
12th Man Fan wrote:
I think the programming is in the monitor. All the sensor does is to sent temp and pressure readings.

All you have to do is change the battery.Programming will be fine.
This true to a certain extent, but the sensors have an identifying ID that tells the monitor where it is. If it didn't have an ID the monitor would have no idea where a particular sensor was located. But since the OP didn't specify what system he is referring to, it's hard to be exact. I have the TST system and the sensor batteries can be changed without the monitor losing its location.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, programming is in the monitor.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
12th Man Fan wrote:
I think the programming is in the monitor. All the sensor does is to sent temp and pressure readings.

^^^ correct
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Since we do not use ours from about Nov to April, I remove the sensor batteries in the fall. And the monitor is unplugged, although it may retain some battery power. Put the batteries back in in the spring and it is still the same as when I removed them.

12th_Man_Fan
Explorer
Explorer

2014 GMC Duramax 4X4 DRW Crew

2015 DRV Tradition

stallsmi
Explorer
Explorer
Mine have held their programming when I changed batteries.