Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: GM 400-mile battery
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> GM 400-mile battery

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
2001400ex

Veradale, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/20 12:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

2001400ex wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

2001400ex wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

2001400ex wrote:

That being said, there's billions of dollars going into stifling research. The oil companies, instead of being on the leading edge of it, are trying to fight it as oil is more profitable now.

This actually not true. If it wasn't for Exxon and other oil companies investing in solar power research in the 60's and 70's, then we would be decades behind what we are today. Exxon is also has purchase agreements with Lincoln Clean Energy LLC.

Other oil companies have made similar investments in renewable energy as well such as converting carbon in the air to fuel(Carbon Engineering). This technology actually has the ability to reverse the amount of carbon in the air. If everyone converted to BEV's, then the funding of this research to actually reverse our carbon footprint will dry up.

I'm aware they make token investment into renewable energy. They also spend a lot of money lobbying to ensure their profits from oil are available. When they could use that money to invest in renewables as well.

Tesla and almost every other major company out there spend millions to lobby lawmakers to better their profitability even at the detriment of taxpayers so there is nothing new here. It seems biases are making it hard to get past a double standard.

Also, companies are suppose to be profitable and invest in what makes them profitable. If they don't, then their shares don't do grow. Many people's 401k retirements and IRA's are invested in those company shares and if they don't do well then their retirements do not either.

You are making my point. Before the EPA and all that, we had Rivers catching on fire and expanding smog issues. If we purely relied on corporations to do what they want, one day we'll be out of oil and they'd just throw their hands up.

We have had river contamination(Animas River) and added pollution in the air all because of the EPA politics too. Not saying that everything that the EPA(Which was created by Republican Richard Nixon) does everything wrong, I am just saying they don't do every right. There is a lot of internal politics and corruption in the EPA, and they have been shown to purposely do more harm than good to protect their interest and power.

It's obvious you've never spent time in a mostly unregulated environment like India or China. While the EPA is not perfect. I enjoy my clean air and water. No trash on the streets, etc.

2017 Forest River Stealth SA2816
2020 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax
Anderson ultimate fifth wheel hitch

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/20 12:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

2001400ex wrote:

That being said, there's billions of dollars going into stifling research. The oil companies, instead of being on the leading edge of it, are trying to fight it as oil is more profitable now.

This actually not true. If it wasn't for Exxon and other oil companies investing in solar power research in the 60's and 70's, then we would be decades behind what we are today. Exxon is also has purchase agreements with Lincoln Clean Energy LLC.

Other oil companies have made similar investments in renewable energy as well such as converting carbon in the air to fuel(Carbon Engineering). This technology actually has the ability to reverse the amount of carbon in the air. If everyone converted to BEV's, then the funding of this research to actually reverse our carbon footprint will dry up.

Yeah, line me up with the gullibles.

For years, I've seen their ads about bio-fuel derived from algae -- and recently, banana peel.

But not a drop out of my gas stations' pump nozzle.

Well I guess Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, and Jeff Bezos are some of those gullible because they are some of the major investors. Oh, and Chevron and BHP are also investors as well.

Also, Audi(VW) is making something similar, and just built a larger scale model of their system.

You must be confused!

Bill Gates declared that there should not be any new investments in oil and that banks should stop lending to the industry to hasten its demise.

The oil that Bill Gates is investing on is palm oil. That's for cooking. In case you don't know the difference.

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/20 12:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

You must be confused!

Bill Gates declared that there should not be any new investments in oil and that banks should stop lending to the industry to hasten its demise.

The oil that Bill Gates is investing on is palm oil. That's for cooking. In case you don't know the difference.

Nope.

Bill Gates and Big Oil back this company........ate change by sucking CO2 out of the air

In case you didn't notice the difference.....

* This post was edited 03/09/20 12:31pm by ShinerBock *

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/20 12:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2001400ex wrote:

It's obvious you've never spent time in a mostly unregulated environment like India or China. While the EPA is not perfect. I enjoy my clean air and water. No trash on the streets, etc.

I do too, but that does not mean that how the EPA is mandating things is perfect or that their "solutions" are always the best without any political corruption behind them. It also doesn't mean that all oil companies are bad. Exxon investment in solar power, which was vital for the start up of solar at that time, was before the EPA was even created.

* This post was last edited 03/09/20 01:13pm by ShinerBock *   View edit history

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/20 12:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

You must be confused!

Nope.

Bill Gates and Big Oil back this company........ate change by sucking CO2 out of the air

Ugh, some people have a problem with reading comprehension?

This is not an oil company. Please re-read.

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/20 12:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

You must be confused!

Nope.

You stated that Bill Gates was not investing in the company I mentioned, Carbon Engineering, and I proved that he was soooo.......

Let me guess, you going to resort to name calling and insulting peoples intelligence again?

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/20 08:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

time2roll wrote:

Solar and wind can be added faster than EVs are built.
Just sit back and relax. The transition will take a few years but is already in progress.

Then why haven't they?

As I said sit back and relax. The transition is in progress.

[image]

https://www.seia.org/solar-industry-research-data

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/20 08:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

You must be confused!

Nope.

You stated that Bill Gates was not investing in the company I mentioned, Carbon Engineering, and I proved that he was soooo.......

Let me guess, you going to resort to name calling and insulting peoples intelligence again?

No need, you are doing it on yourself.

I might have said this before, if you find yourself in the hole, stop digging.

The topic segue into renewables vs oil. And Bill Gates is not investing in crude oil (but he is in palm oil).

You either missed the turn, your train or the flow of logic.

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/20 08:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LMAO the transition has been going on for over 60 years and it's still less that 2%. Let that sink in!

Almost 90% is nuke and hydrocarbon. Let that sink in.

Why hasn't Tusk put up more than a few token solar panels on Giga 1?
Is that in transition too? [emoticon]

Where are all of the "solar chargers" Tusk promised? Remember those?
Oh, are they are transition too? [emoticon]

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/20 09:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

LMAO the transition has been going on for over 60 years and it's still less that 2%. Let that sink in!

Almost 90% is nuke and hydrocarbon. Let that sink in.

Why hasn't Tusk put up more than a few token solar panels on Giga 1?
Is that in transition too? [emoticon]

Where are all of the "solar chargers" Tusk promised? Remember those?
Oh, are they are transition too? [emoticon]
Transition will take place with or without Tesla.
Don't panic... you are not obligated to do anything.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> GM 400-mile battery
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.