Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: The Coronavirus
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing with Disabilities and Ge...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev
kellem

Shenandoah valley,VA

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/20 01:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All of our international travels have been canceled but we were delighted to fill the calendar with extended stays at some of our favorite parks in the RV.

RambleOnNW

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/20 03:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Institute for Disease Modeling modeled how many Covid-19 infections there could be in the 2 counties around Seattle by April 8th if nothing was done versus cutting contacts down by 75%. 25,000 vs. 1700. Sobering.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-new........bellevue-scientist-is-figuring-that-out/

2006 Jayco 28', E450 6.8L V10, Bilstein HDs,
Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bars, Blue Ox TigerTrak

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/20 05:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Catch 22

Where they have the most ventilators is the high population centers with the highest number of potential intubations. my father was born in a log cabin in Jack Creek up a canyon 20 miles from Ennis MT Because my grandmother was scared of the Spanish Flu in 1918

A remote camp In the same area may prove to be virus free in 2020. MT has very few confirmed cases. Solar camp up on the bench near to where my Uncle Jess' ranch was. Someonene in Ennis, could provide directions. True to formula, medical service plain stinks.

Can't win them all.

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/20 06:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is a pretty cool article by Harry Stevens that has an epidemic simulator in it. It was published today in the Washington Post and has very little political opinion, just epidemiological facts and explains why epidemiologists are alarmed and why they are recommending social distancing.

Corona simulator

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (12 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 3 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

pigfarmer

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/20 07:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With everything closing across the country I wonder if travel will be all that great this year. Campgrounds may stay open but what to do after you get there, especially if it is in an area of interst...just a thought

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/20 06:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Depends I guess what recreation a person prefers. I like the solitude and majesty of the wilderness. Some folks like a foursome for golf and bridge. Being a people person during quarantine event is sort of hard.

On my trips back and forth between my folks' in Reno NV and Nogales I camped north of Quartzite. But the lure of a nine dollar room on the Colorado River was hard to resist when it dipped to 10F in the winter.

Not any more. This virus has turned everything on its head.

Even in México idiots think having a year's supply of toilet paper but going shopping once a week for food is mandatory. No paper products were left but Costco had pallets of Kirkland Signature napkins in stock. Rub the 2 plies with your fingers and separate into individual sheets. Perfect. Mexican TP is like gasket material -- twenty revolutions and it's down to the cardboard tube

MODERATOR'S EDIT: Per the site Admin's request, I am closing all COVID-19 threads and directing future comments to one thread in Around the Campfire.

2019–20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS

* This post was edited 03/23/20 01:21pm by an administrator/moderator *

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing with Disabilities and Ge...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.