cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone lose a set of keys

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
I dumped at the I95N rest area in Maryland between DC and Baltimore yesterday afternoon. Lying on the ground next to the dump station was a set of keys.

If you lost a set, please PM me and I'll get them back to you.

Chris
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition
37 REPLIES 37

Piddlers
Explorer
Explorer
OP, thank you for taking the time to post about the keys and maybe by some chance someone who knows someone will see your post.

I have never found a set of keys while traveling and have no idea what I would actually do with them but I sincerely appreciate anyone who would take the time to post here or on any other forum to reach the owners.

Thanks again!

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
Why not leave the keys right there like so

https://youtu.be/iE6DN0M-BsM

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Op, thanks for doing your best!

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
2112 wrote:
No good deed goes unpunished

No unpunished deed is good....:?

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
This reminds me of the petty arguments in grade school. :B

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe check your own butt

Wanna tissue?

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Oh - now you were just offering an opinion. Hereโ€™s what you said:

Crowe wrote:
Those of you who are bullying those of us that had a bit of criticism are no different. Think it's time to end this thread.

Maybe check your own butt
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Too bad you and your cohorts had to criticize the OP in the first place. If you have a differing opinion on what should have been done, then offer that opinion - don't criticize.

Sorry you are butt-hurt. NOT. Most everyone DID have a differing opinion and offered it. The OP took every comment as a personal affront. A little graciousness on his part would have gone a long way. In his mind he did what he thought was the right thing but in reality it might not have been the best course of action. If he was looking for "attaboys" it's not the fault of those who had a different opinion.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:
Those of you who are bullying those of us that had a bit of criticism are no different. Think it's time to end this thread.
Too bad you and your cohorts had to criticize the OP in the first place. If you have a differing opinion on what should have been done, then offer that opinion - don't criticize.

As the recipient of a lost set of keys, I'm grateful to anyone who at least tried to help.

schlep1967 wrote:
Just an FYI, If there are any of those shopper cards on the key ring, the store they are for can likely find an address, email or phone number to get them back to the owner.
That's a great idea.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
If I ever have this situation arise, I will drop the keys in the trash and never say a word to anyone about finding them. :S

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just an FYI, If there are any of those shopper cards on the key ring, the store they are for can likely find an address, email or phone number to get them back to the owner.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer

Douglas Adams

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Walaby wrote:
If he would have left them, someone would have posted saying "I left my keys by accident at a I95 rest stop" OP woulda said he found them and the cranks would have ragged on him for leaving them behind.

Mike

Exactly what I was thinking. Too many people think the way would handle is the right way and immediately judge others. There is no right way to handle this, and there is no wrong way to handle this. And lots of rest areas do not have attendants, and finding a LEO or a station is often more than inconvenient. That said do what you feel is best and go from there.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
If he would have left them, someone would have posted saying "I left my keys by accident at a I95 rest stop" OP woulda said he found them and the cranks would have ragged on him for leaving them behind.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS