Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Coronavirus practical issues
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing with Disabilities and Ge...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 14  
Prev  |  Next
pasusan

Northernmost PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/20 06:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^^ Not only that - there are still over 12,000 people in China that are infected that haven't gotten over it yet. How many of them might die?

"I'm out here to enjoy nature -- don't talk to me about the environment!" ~Denny Crane

Susan & Ben
2004 Roadtrek 170 for quick getaways
84 Bronco & 90 Award Classic 23 joined with a Hensley Cub for longer trips
Trip Pics

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/14/20 06:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am late to this topic, but I thought of a "practical" issue.

Eventually, at least one of a married couple is going to have to go grocery shopping, etc. Despite all precautions, if one of the two get Coronavirus, what the odds are for an uninfected spouse to get it from the infected spouse? I have to guess close to 100%.
[emoticon]

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 7 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/14/20 06:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our purpose here is to provide accurate information. When incorrect and potentially dangerous information is posted, we're going to call it out.

Naio is correct that many of the posts are not on topic, but in these scary times people need a place to find real information and to have a place to vent.

Stay cool and follow your local authority and their recommendations.

Our main goal right now is to slow the spread of this so that our health system does not get overloaded. It is estimated that the number of cases doubles every 5 or so days. If you do the math you'll see the potential we're facing.

If we can slow that spread, we'll make it through this will as little disruption as possible. Look to your family and neighbors for help, we're all in this together.

Dr. Doug

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (12 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 3 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

Naio

Snug as a bug in a rug

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/20 10:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I found this very helpful, and my doctor's latest email:

Quote:

Flu vs. COVID-19:

The classic flu comes on suddenly - like you were hit by a bag of bricks all of a sudden - high fevers and muscle aches, headaches, congestion - there usually isn’t any question whether or not you have the flu when you have the flu.

COVID-19: more subtle. Often presents as a mild cold - with some runny nose, congestion, sore throat and low grade fevers…but then progresses to increased dry cough and breathing difficulty in some folks around day 8-9 of having symptoms. (This information is based on what my colleagues in CA and WA are currently reporting). 80% of persons infected with COVID-19 have minimal troubles other than a minor disruption in their life.

Because we don't have testing available yet, {if you have symptoms of a mild cold, you} need to act like you have COVID-19 for the greater public health safety and you need to be isolated for 14 days.

3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

Naio

Snug as a bug in a rug

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/20 10:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DOTLDaddy wrote:

I am late to this topic, but I thought of a "practical" issue.

Eventually, at least one of a married couple is going to have to go grocery shopping, etc. Despite all precautions, if one of the two get Coronavirus, what the odds are for an uninfected spouse to get it from the infected spouse? I have to guess close to 100%.
[emoticon]

I have an answer for this, and it might surprise you. Yes, your chances are probably something like 100%, although you may not get symptoms. Without symptoms, you are still contagious.

The surprising part is, you probably don't actually need to go to the store. Places like Walmart and Target let you mail order anything you need. If you are in a reasonably large city, you can probably get fresh groceries delivered. Otherwise you can eat canned food mail ordered from Walmart.

I actually experienced this a couple of years ago when I was stranded in a place with no stores, but with access to mail, for four months. I had an injury that made me unable to be in a moving vehicle. But I survived! I just ordered these giant boxes of everything from toilet paper to cat food to canned peaches.

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/20 11:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are currently in an RV park in central Florida. We are heading home in a couple of days a month early. Our doctors are at home people that have treated us for years not to mention our stick house and family.
Our park shut down all activity's till further notice. people are shutting down and preparing to leave. We were ahead of the pact and got many in the park to wash frequently and to use one of the many disinfection stations. Several still play cards and say there is no problem. We can only hope that they are right but sadly they most likely will just spread the virus to their friends. Ignorance is bliss as evident from our own government. sad so sad we are not on top of this for weeks to come.

2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/14/20 12:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Naio wrote:

I wish I had not mentioned coronavirus at all in this thread and just asked what I should do if I get a severe flu and cannot get to groceries or doctor. Maybe people would have been calmer.
If you have internet access... just post a message for help right here.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/20 03:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The WHO and the CDC have played so many games with stats they are worse than useless.

I ignore them and being at high risk am in semi isolation.

TechWriter

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/14/20 09:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

The WHO and the CDC have played so many games with stats they are worse than useless.

So you're the guy who has all the answers?

2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP
Part Timer 2004 - 2013
Full Timer 2013 - 2020
Part Timing Again
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Optimistic Paranoid

East Nowhere NY

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/20 06:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Naio wrote:

The surprising part is, you probably don't actually need to go to the store. Places like Walmart and Target let you mail order anything you need. If you are in a reasonably large city, you can probably get fresh groceries delivered. Otherwise you can eat canned food mail ordered from Walmart.

I just saw on the tv where, for the time being, at least, Walmart will no longer be open 24 hours a day. They need to use the overnight hours to clean and DISINFECT the store and re-stock it.

Maybe they'll still be mailing groceries and maybe they won't.

The only thing we can be sure of is that it ain't gonna be business as usual.

Personally, I was sorry to hear this. I was thinking it d be much less crowded - and thus safer - to go shopping at 2 am. . .

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 14  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing with Disabilities and Ge...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.