cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom replacement sliding window

BillHoughton
Explorer II
Explorer II
On our 2007 Itasca Navion, the designer got fancy with the window above the kitchen counter: it's a top-pivot window, activated by a little worm drive-and-gear arrangement. Clever, except the worm shaft runs on one bearing, which, when it wears, results in the worm not engaging the gear. It now won't open without a lot of fussing, and also doesn't close entirely. On a recent trip to the Palm Springs area, which included a couple of very windy nights, the shade was rattling constantly as wind blew through the gap.

I've thought about solutions, but am now considering just replacing the window. If I do, I'm inclined toward a sliding window: simple, more reliable.

Searching on "custom RV window" offers me lots of sources (some of which, from the pictures on the websites, use the same actual manufacturer). I'd appreciate any recommendations from experience of a good, not obscenely expensive, supplier.
3 REPLIES 3

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can try Easy Windows They have instant pricing,types of windows you can order, and how to measure.

I replaced one of my windows and the staff there is very helpful and the prices seem to be reasonable.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hehr makes a lot of RV windows. I doubt that yours is a custom size with all the std. sizes available. Check their site for something that may work.
B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS