Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: 2012 Yukon XL Towing 30Ft
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2012 Yukon XL Towing 30Ft

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/20 08:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The 2012 and 2013 are the same chassis and almost the same vehicle, except I'd take the 400hp 6.2 all day long and twice on Sunday if the regular Yukon has the 5.3.
Either are capable and sized right for that weight.
Length is just a function of how good of a driver you are. 32' long trailer is a snap if you're comfortable towing and backing or a bit of a challenge negotiating some places if you're not.

You're totally within the limits of both of those vehicles though if you're really only 6klbs loaded.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

APT

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/20 05:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why do people think the length is too long? My TT is 32' without the rear rack extended and I tow with a same generation Suburban. People have been using GM SUVs to tow 38' TTs, although most are 3/4 tons.

My opinion is go for it. That sould be well under all your weight limits unless you have a football team's defensive line. Get a WDH with integrated sway control and learn how to adjust it. Flush all your fluids. Happy camping!

* This post was edited 03/11/20 04:42pm by APT *

A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R

trail-explorer

NM

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/20 01:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agesilaus wrote:

That trailer is so much longer than the SUV I would not do it. It's usually called the tail wagging the dog situation.

Wait, what?!?

How many trailers are on the road where they are much longer than the truck? Does that make them unsafe too?

Bob

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2012 Yukon XL Towing 30Ft
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.