cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sulastic hangers

toddb
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone run these replacement hangers with a TC? Seems like the big 5th wheel guys like them.
9 REPLIES 9

burningman
Explorer
Explorer
I run a Kelderman two stage air ride kit which works in a similar way.
It replaces the rear spring hangers with a big hinged bracket that rides on airbags, to take the harshness out of the ride. Itโ€™s mainly for when youโ€™re driving the truck empty and donโ€™t want to be beat half to death.
If the sulastic hangers work as well, theyโ€™re worth having, IF you drive your truck without the camper more than with it.
My camper is on less than 1% of the time, thatโ€™s why I have that plus overload airbags rather than stiff springs and Timbrens.
If you only own a truck to carry a camper then Iโ€™d skip any of this and just put in big springs.
2017 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE
99 Ram 4x4 Dually Cummins
A whole lot more fuel, a whole lot more boost.
4.10 gears, Gear Vendors overdrive, exhaust brake
Built auto, triple disc, billet shafts.
Kelderman Air Ride, Helwig sway bar.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
tlowe43q wrote:
Maybe he meant more like RAILS (of a rollercoaster) vs. whiplash (of a rollercoaster) ๐Ÿ˜‰

I think so. ๐Ÿ˜„

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

tlowe43q
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe he meant more like RAILS (of a rollercoaster) vs. whiplash (of a rollercoaster) ๐Ÿ˜‰

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Once you find any truck who can't go out of control - let me know?

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Kayteg1 wrote:
Dually tracks like rollercoaster.

Rollercoasters seem out of control and at the last moment arenโ€™t. Iโ€™m glad my dually doesnโ€™t ride like that. ๐Ÿ˜„

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Dually tracks like rollercoaster.
Hangers or not, so if there is any difference, it is not noticeable.

Supercharged111
Explorer
Explorer
Did you get any increased sway with them?
2007 Lance 1131
1997 GMC K3500 crew cab supercharged dually

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah. The best $300 spend on the truck so far.
Only initial worry was short warranty, but I inspected them lately on the beginning of 3rd seasons and the rubber looks good. My camper can put 7000lb on rear axle, but the benefit is really noticeable on empty drive.
Now I don't panic seeing street cover on my path.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Kayteq1 does. Iโ€™m sure heโ€™ll respond.

Also, Bigtruckbigrv on youtube has done a review.