cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish Network/Carryout G2+

kellertx5er
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Winegard Carryout G2+ dome antenna, recently dumped DirecTV after 20 years. Instructions say Dish Hopper/Joey system will not work with G2+. What Dish equipment can I use with this dome? Would really like to have DVR capability. Have done a little research and it looks like the choices are pretty slim.
Keller TX
'19 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L
'09 Outback Sydney 321FRL 5er
SUPPORT TEXAS STATE PARKS
4 REPLIES 4

kellertx5er
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Wouldnโ€™t Dish be the best source?

No. The best sources are those who have actually used the equipment. Those who are trying to sell you something will tell you anything to get you to buy.

Thanks for the info Bill.
Keller TX
'19 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L
'09 Outback Sydney 321FRL 5er
SUPPORT TEXAS STATE PARKS

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
The Dish Hopper series receivers will not work with any single LNB dome style antenna. As Bill said, the 211's and the Wally are the available choices currently. As he also said, adding an external hard drive will add DVR capability. If you add an available OTA adapter (built in to the 211k), you can record one sat program while watching an OTA program or vice versa. You can also record a sat program and an OTA program while watching a pre-recorded program.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wally but no DVR. 211K but no DVR. Other 211 but no DVR.
You can add a hard drive and you get a "somewhat" DVR but you can only record the 1 channel you are watching. So, if you are gone, you can record programming you missed but you cannot watch 1 channel and record another.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Wouldnโ€™t Dish be the best source?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad