cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spittoon? in a shower Wolf Pup camper

caver
Nomad
Nomad
I looked at a small TH made by Forest River Friday and it had what looked like a spittoon in the shower. You can see what I'm talking about
in this video if you stop it at about 1:19Spittoon There's no tap over it or nothing to hold the shower wand. This unit does not have a sink in the head which is fine as I can just brush my teeth over the kitchen sink like I did in my first TT. I don't even recall the salesman having an answer. :h :h :h
26 REPLIES 26

caver
Nomad
Nomad
I wouldn't rule out the camper but the dealer wanted to play the shell game with numbers. It was like dealing with a used car lot that doesn't realize the interwebs exist. The search continues.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
CavemanCharlie wrote:
Naio wrote:
caver wrote:

I think my mom has a black and white picture of me probably less than a year old being bathed in the kitchen sink at my Great Aunts farmhouse.

That was the normal way to do it. Who ever heard of a baby bathtub?

I still know moms that bath the baby in the kitchen sink. What is wrong with that?

You really want to freak out. I sometimes go swimming in the lake and don't take a shower afterwards !!! (I have friends that go out of their minds over that.) In fact, I only wash my swimsuit about once a year !!!

Let the comments begin.

Is that like washing your hands after you dry them on the bathroom towel because there are possibly germs on the towel? 😉
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
“Is there some magical germ barrier at a bathroom sink...”

No, but not having a toilet area sink and washing, brushing etc. in the kitchen sink lacks class. It also sends the wrong message to children if you have them.

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Go find a camper for you.
I think that pretty much says it all! There are many options - and trade-offs - but there should be one that works.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
“Some people want a mini-house,..”

My TT box is 22 feet...with a great sink in the bathroom. It’s not a mini-house.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
My first Class C had a shower, and that shower was the sink, and where you wash dishes or hands and take a shower. I had camper for over 10 years, no illnesses.
Some people want a mini-house, some want to trade and compromise and not have redundancies in such a small space.
Two sinks are important to DW, but others see wasted space.
Some ppl want a shower, some do not and take all baths in the facility at CG.
You will find campers for everyone out there if you look enough, everyone has different priorities, and if you find a camper that does not fit, then move on. Why question something built for someone else? Go find a camper for you.

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
I've seen a lot of small trailers without a bathroom sink just a kitchen sink. Heck the bathroom sink in my 35' trailer is small.
I wish they had left out the bathroom sink in my B.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

ZINGERLITE
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
I've seen a lot of small trailers without a bathroom sink just a kitchen sink. Heck the bathroom sink in my 35' trailer is small.

When we were looking i couldn't believe how much room a bathroom took up. showers are such a waste of space! id love to see a camper with a half bath. we don't shower in the camper. its a "Lite" which translates to "small tanks" lol. an army shower would fill up the gray in a hurry. just use the camp ground showers with cheap flip flops! id trade my useless shower for a small sink but don't both. ours just has a shower and a toilet. a small bathroom was a huge selling point. I wanted one with the toilet in the shower but the wife overruled that so we compromised.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
caver wrote:
CavemanCharlie wrote:

The rest of the RV is not what I'm looking for but, to each their own.

It wasn't what I had in mind either but I've reconsidered. I want a small TH yet be able to haul SxS. Then I saw this and though ehhh leave the SxS at home and now will be able to haul my dual sport motorcycle in there instead of the pickup. Occasionally in travel mode I see an area I want to explore so why take the truck. Then there's the whole ordeal of unhooking the truck to unload the bike. The one thing that is a turnoff is water capacity is a bit small for the boondocking I do.

My TT also has a smaller water capacity then I would like. I fill up a couple of 5 gallon jugs of fresh water and haul them in the back of the pickup. It helps in 2 ways. First I have more water. And , second, I have more weight being hauled in the pickup where I have more capacity anyway. Plus, it doesn't slosh around as much. (Um, I guess that's three isn't it.)

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Naio wrote:
caver wrote:

I think my mom has a black and white picture of me probably less than a year old being bathed in the kitchen sink at my Great Aunts farmhouse.

I still know moms that bath the baby in the kitchen sink. What is wrong with that?

You really want to freak out. I sometimes go swimming in the lake and don't take a shower afterwards !!! (I have friends that go out of their minds over that.) In fact, I only wash my swimsuit about once a year !!!

Let the comments begin.

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
caver wrote:

3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

caver
Nomad
Nomad
Lwiddis wrote:

No, but not having a toilet area sink and washing, brushing etc. in the kitchen sink lacks class. It also sends the wrong message to children if you have them.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Actually looks like a sink without a faucet, but then you have the hand held wand.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund