cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winhall Brook COE campground VT

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone been there lately? Looking for information on sites, (hopefully electric sites close to the river. We are in a 31ft class C
Proud father of a US Marine
5 REPLIES 5

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
Last summer we saw a large DP crease three of his storage compartments trying to get over the bridge . That bridge has a lot of scars and victims but I have seen some very large DPโ€™s and fifth wheels make it with no problem itโ€™s all in the approach too the bridge coming down the hill !
Mike
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

wxtoad
Explorer
Explorer
Here are a few pix from our visits there.
2005 Lazy Daze 26.5 Rear Bath
NE13

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
We also have been there many times, yup I think they don't recommend anything over 42'to pass over the bridge. Last time we were there guy pulls in with a 45'DP, he couldn't cross the bridge going the correct way so he went down the north loop and came back up to try to cross. it took him several attemps going back & forth to finaly squeeze across. For a short time I was worried he was going to get his class A stuck on the bridge. Park rangers were not happy that the attendent allowed the guy to pull in.

A must is the ADA rail trail that follows the river, very scenic. At the end of the rail trail, continue on a moderate wooded hiking trial for a mile to Angle Falls that overlooks a vally... pack a lunch as the 2 will take half a day.

Under the bridge is swimming at the river. There is shallow and deeper pools with small stone banks perfect for setting up a beach chair, playing tunes and having a cold adult beverage, just picture something out of a Norman Rockwell Painting :C

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful campground. I wouldnโ€™t let the lack of an electric site stop me from going.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
We go there often , all the water and electric sites are on the south side which is across the narrow bridge there are 28 sites with water and electric in a loop on the south side. There are some water and electric sites that are close to the river like across the street from the river but none right on it. The north side has some river side sites but No water or electric the complete north side is dry camping with one water supply a bathroom with showers and a pavilion. This place is still one of our favorite places to camp. You should be able to get over the bridge to the south loop with no problem with your 31 foot rig I used to get a 36 foot 5th wheel over it but it was a bit nerve racking. There is now a dump station on both the south and north sides and the roads have been paved.
Mike
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's