cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water fill question - permanent flex hose

BillHoughton
Explorer II
Explorer II
The water fill on my 2007 Itasca Navion looks like this (circled, top left of photo):

I use a Culligan filter housing to feed the chlorine into the tank when filling, and attach one of those short sections of flex hose to the inlet as the first step, attaching the filter housing to the flex as Step 2 (flex shown, this time with arrows*):

The filter housing, by a lovely coincidence, is the right height to rest on the floor of the water utilities bay, so I can just screw the flex to the housing and move on from there (line filter, pressure regulator, water hose, plenty of other little bits to make it all fit).

It's occurred to me more than once that things would be easier if I just left the short length of flex permanently attached. Can anyone suggest why I shouldn't do that, or is it a fine thing to do? As shown in the picture, I would cap off the flex when I'm not filling the tank, to keep contaminants out.

--------
*I figured, one circle, some arrows, and a paragraph here because you can't see paragraphs on the back of an electronic picture, and I'd be set.
2 REPLIES 2

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Sounds like a great plan to me. Really no different than if it was just on the other side of your city water hookup, like our last RV was.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not an issue one way or other..........as long as it doesn't interfere with closing wet bay compartment door.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31