cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aladdin System

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm changing out my tank sensors to the SeeLevel system. Does anyone know where the current wiring is?? Color location etc. I would like to use one of the existing wires instead of running a new one thru the coach. Everything is run thru the Aladdin system and I do not have the separate display head as seen in the videos. (That would be too easy) I've removed the panels in the wet bay and found 3 round gizmos that are attached to the bottom of the tanks but there appears to be phone wires attached to them. Pic below. I don't like to assume and start clipping wires that aren't supposed to be clipped. If anyone knows, your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...Dennis

We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG
12 REPLIES 12

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
dougrainer wrote:
You realize you can install 2 display panels? One in the water bay and the one up front. Some people like to have the water bay display when they are filling the fresh tank or dumping the tanks. I would not run the inside display up front. I would install it in the center cabinet area above the existing tanks. You don't need a dash area display. You are more likely to use the display in the Kitchen center area of the motorhome than having to walk up front to the Dash to see your tank levels. The Aladdin jr system was a fancy "Bell and Whistle" system Monaco installed. ALL to the front Dash display. The higher end full Aladdin had an extra display in the bedroom. Doug

Thanks Doug...yes, I too have the bedroom display. That said, SeeLevel is coming out with an upgrade, most likely next month. Display goes in the wet bay and viola! bluetooth on your cell phone...should be about the same cost as having two display units. We will wait and see....Dennis

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You realize you can install 2 display panels? One in the water bay and the one up front. Some people like to have the water bay display when they are filling the fresh tank or dumping the tanks. I would not run the inside display up front. I would install it in the center cabinet area above the existing tanks. You don't need a dash area display. You are more likely to use the display in the Kitchen center area of the motorhome than having to walk up front to the Dash to see your tank levels. The Aladdin jr system was a fancy "Bell and Whistle" system Monaco installed. ALL to the front Dash display. The higher end full Aladdin had an extra display in the bedroom. Doug

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
dougrainer wrote:

I use 14 gauge and just installed a system on a 2020 Tiffin 340 last Wednesday, to interface with the Factory Spyder system. Doug

That works for me. Thanks for the info...Dennis

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Executive wrote:
Thanks everyone so far who have responded. I've ordered the 709 system today. Doug, I questioned the 18ga wire also. In talking to the tech at Garnet, I was told 18ga wire is ok if you're mounting it in the wet bay which is a run of about 8'. Since I want to run it to the front of the coach, 14 or 16 should be used. He also mentioned I should use quality wire such as motor wire. I'm thinking my run will be around 60'. 14 or 16? Any issues with the heavier wire? I'm leaning toward 14ga. TIA....Dennis

I use 14 gauge and just installed a system on a 2020 Tiffin 340 last Wednesday, to interface with the Factory Spyder system. Doug

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
johnsonbert wrote:
Yes, that black thing is the sensor.
Question? Are you changing them because you do not like them or because they do not work? They can be removed for careful cleaning as they do have a very thin clear membrane in them. Ours are accurate and I have cleaned them about every two years. Once calibrated, they do the job on all three tanks. If you have a bad one, they can be purchased direct from he manufacturer cheapest at www.catconproducts.com and look for RV-Sensor. Catcon may also have a level gauge available that could be installed right in the bay. Just another thought.
Hope this may help a little. Have a great day Dennis. Happy Trails Bert

Bert, the Aladdin system, IMO, isn't the best in the world. It may have been at one time. Since they no longer are in business, I'm hesitant to throw good money at it at this time. Mine hasn't worked well since I got the coach. The electric screen has never worked and the tank screen at one time did but now all I get are xxxxx. Tried to reset it and nothing. It appears the TIN doesn't respond. Rather than try to fix it, for a couple hundred bucks, the 709 seems like a better route for me. I appreciate the link though....Dennis

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks everyone so far who have responded. I've ordered the 709 system today. Doug, I questioned the 18ga wire also. In talking to the tech at Garnet, I was told 18ga wire is ok if you're mounting it in the wet bay which is a run of about 8'. Since I want to run it to the front of the coach, 14 or 16 should be used. He also mentioned I should use quality wire such as motor wire. I'm thinking my run will be around 60'. 14 or 16? Any issues with the heavier wire? I'm leaning toward 14ga. TIA....Dennis

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Dutch_12078 wrote:
The SeeLevel installation guide calls for 18 gauge wire and it works fine with the wiring used for the common KIB screw sensors. The SeeLevel sensors can be grounded at the tank end, requiring just a single wire to connect all the sensors to the dislay.

Model 709 Manual (Page 14)

He does not have a KIB type system. So, he does not have the wiring used on a KIB system. I state 14 or 16 gauge wire because it is easier to run and is better over the long term. That is why I use when installing a Garnet system that does not have existing correct wiring. Doug

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
The SeeLevel installation guide calls for 18 gauge wire and it works fine with the wiring used for the common KIB screw sensors. The SeeLevel sensors can be grounded at the tank end, requiring just a single wire to connect all the sensors to the dislay.

Model 709 Manual (Page 14)
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The Garnet system will require you to run 14 or 16 gauge wires. The Aladdin system wires are not the same as they are Phone (communication) type cables and are not large enough gauge to use the Garnet system. The Garnet system requires dedicated wires for the sensors. You only have 2 wires that go from all 3 tanks to the Garnet panel. ALL 3 tank blue wires go together and then 1 wire goes to the Garnet panel. All 3 Black sensor wires(ground) are also connected together and then just 1 feed ground wire goes to the remote. Unless you are set on an inside panel, you can install the system in the wet bay to not have to run the wires inside the motorhome. Doug

johnsonbert
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, that black thing is the sensor.
Question? Are you changing them because you do not like them or because they do not work? They can be removed for careful cleaning as they do have a very thin clear membrane in them. Ours are accurate and I have cleaned them about every two years. Once calibrated, they do the job on all three tanks. If you have a bad one, they can be purchased direct from he manufacturer cheapest at www.catconproducts.com and look for RV-Sensor. Catcon may also have a level gauge available that could be installed right in the bay. Just another thought.
Hope this may help a little. Have a great day Dennis. Happy Trails Bert
2006 Monaco Dynasty Diamond IV 42' Tag, ISL 400,(new to us), Residential Refrig, 10KW Onan, Bosch Washer/220V Dryer (previously 2003 American Tradition 40W) 2010 Chev Malibu LT

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes, the wires to the sensor is those phone type wires.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dennis the cat 5 wire you are seeing is what mine had. Low voltage and cheap and 4 pair max, so a lot of different reading .