cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMCA insurance

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Hello. My wife wants me to shop RV insurance since ours went up. I have been on the fence on joining FMCA to get all the benefits of other stuff they offer along with insurance discounts. right now we have it through our regular auto insurance company with coverage for contents.

Does anyone have insurance through FMCA. How is it? How do you like it? Any input is appreciated.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!
3 REPLIES 3

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
When I brought our last MH home in the winter of 2001, I called my auto insurance agent and asked him to issue a policy for it. The rate was pretty high but what did I know? When it came time to renew, it went up at least a couple hundred more with no accidents and no increase in coverage. I grabbed my copy of FMCA magazine and made a list of all the insurers advertising in it. I made a list of coverages I wanted so when I called them I'd be asking for comparable quotes. I was amazed to find out I could get MUCH better coverage for a MUCH LOWER rate through companies that knew RVs. I switched right away. My new rate was about 1/2 of what I had been paying and the coverage was better. Since then I moved all my insurance to the folks at Farm & City in Forest City, Iowa. Since then, they've become the company behind FMCA insurance program. They are a broker and will shop your coverage through several companies to find the best rate. They have me with National Interstate (an Allied Company) right now. My homeowner's, cars and MH are all with them. I've had at least one accident (trying to get to the pumps in a gas station designed for cars when the rear end swung out and sideswiped a parked car). They fixed the car and damage to the MH with no questions asked. I did have to start over on my deductible savings program but I felt good about the way everything was handled. Give them a try.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

diplomatdon
Explorer
Explorer
I had joined FMCA for their roadside assistance after Good Sam doubled their's. When Good Sam raised my insurance rate after 6 years I got a quote from FMCA. They gave me quotes from 3 different carriers of which Safeco was the lowest. $300 less than Good Sam and because I had 6 months with no claims just received a $13 check from Safeco. Good luck, Don

RLHAMILTON
Explorer
Explorer
Several months ago I requested a quote from FMCA (Progressive). I obtained cheaper directly from the company. Good luck!
DICK & JUDY HAMILTON
2012 WINNEBAGO JOURNEY
2017 EQUINOX TOAD
LIFETIME GOOD SAM MEMBER, FMCA, PP AMERICA
FMCA MEMBER F-386544