Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Snowbirds: Heading Home (North)
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Heading Home (North)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
olfarmer

Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/18/20 01:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wash your hands after pumping fuel, the handles on gas pumps are almost never cleaned!

Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/20 05:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Almost? [emoticon]. I wear gloves anyway because diesel stinks. [emoticon]

Dave

Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Gulfcoast

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/20 05:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have a safe trip.

* This post was edited 03/20/20 05:50pm by Gulfcoast *

NoVa RT

Northern Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/20 05:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think I need to amend my statement on the first page of this thread that most non-spring training baseball snowbirds were sticking with their original plans. That may have been true when I left on Sunday, 3/15, but a lot changed quickly with parks closing or threatening to. Took my time heading north (why rush to colder weather?), and have been overtaken by heavy RV traffic. Welcome Centers for Georgia, SC & NC had all their RV spaces filled when I went through, and the campgrounds I stayed at were full of close to it. The one I’m at now doesn’t do online reservations (in 2020?), and was too busy to keep up with phone calls most of the day.

2013 RT 190-Popular

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/20 07:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gulfcoast wrote:

Beware of dirty restrooms and even restaurants on the trip north. Think I'd stay put a few more weeks.
Restaurants? Not happening. Since we don’t leave for two weeks hopefully the surge of travelers heading north will have dissipated.

Dave

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/20 07:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Two more weeks might see the peak of this virus." That post shows how fast things can change. It is hard to make any plans beyond a few days. But very soon any type of RV travel will not only be difficult it may be prohibited. Some cities have regional lockdowns and may go to large lockdowns. Then it becomes States closing highways to non essential travel. besides the best place to be is Home. If you want to be in a RV move into your unit!

Moisheh

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/20 09:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

moisheh wrote:

... But very soon any type of RV travel will not only be difficult it may be prohibited. Some cities have regional lockdowns and may go to large lockdowns. Moisheh
I think you might have been spending too much time on Facebook! Lockdowns? Certainly not yet. Shelter in place, some, but even those allow for food shopping and getting exercise.

It was all over Facebook that 5000 people and dozens of private jets had traveled to their summer homes on Nantucket. It turns out there are 3 private jets on the tarmac and the numbers for the ferries are actually slightly down from the same time last year. Rumor central is working overtime.

Dave

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/20 11:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

https://www.usnews.com/news/healthiest-communities/articles/2020-03-18/bay-area-coronavirus-lockdown-foreshadows-whats-to-come

There is one other community in a similar lockdown. I rarely go to facebook and never believe anything this posted. I watch the news and listen not to the media people or the politicians. But I do listen to the Scientists and the Drs.

Moisheh

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/20 01:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kind of a big leap from that article about San Francisco being under a shelter in place order and your statement "But very soon any type of RV travel will not only be difficult it may be prohibited". Could it happen? Maybe. Very soon? IMHO no, not very soon.

We just got back from a necessary Costco trip where they wiped every cart for each patron, offered everyone a hand wipe, and limited the number of people in the store so there were no lines at the checkout and lots of separation. We wiped everything down before packing it into the car (ourselves included), same after pumping gas. I watched a young woman come out of the Wawa Market opening the door, then peeling off a piece of doughnut and eating it and it reinforced our idea that we are protecting ourselves from everyone who isn't concerned.

Dave

hokeypokey

xxx

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/20 11:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you are self contained, you can stay almost anywhere can’t you ?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Heading Home (North)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.