cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Access Denied You don't have permission to access

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Laptop with Windows 7 home Premier and Internet Explorer 11. Two users each with administrative rights.
When user 1 tries to access Bass Pro shop website using Internet Explorer, they get the following error.

โ€œAccess Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.basspro.com/" on this server.
Reference #18.96a83617.1584298859.2ece5b5dโ€

There are no errors when using Firefox or Chrome to access BassPro.com.

User 2 can access BassPro.com with no errors using Internet Explorer.

Internet explorer has been cleared of cookies, password, temporary files, history and forms.

Internet Explorer has been disabled and reenable.

Any suggestions before I delete user 1 and create a new user 1A name.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
12 REPLIES 12

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
Eric&Lisa wrote:
mich800 wrote:
...And if you are a financial person, I have not found a laptop with a 10 key in the keyboard....

Lenovo Thinkpad P53. P73 too, maybe others. Generally these are laptops targeted toward enterprises rather than toward consumers. I am on my 5th Lenovo (formerly IBM) Thinkpad in the past 20 years. Well built. Company is forcing me to switch to a Dell, not looking forward to it.

HTH,
-Eric

I was referring to a macbook with a 10 key. One primary reason I have not switched to Apple.

Eric_Lisa
Explorer II
Explorer II
mich800 wrote:
...And if you are a financial person, I have not found a laptop with a 10 key in the keyboard....

Lenovo Thinkpad P53. P73 too, maybe others. Generally these are laptops targeted toward enterprises rather than toward consumers. I am on my 5th Lenovo (formerly IBM) Thinkpad in the past 20 years. Well built. Company is forcing me to switch to a Dell, not looking forward to it.

HTH,
-Eric
Eric & Lisa - Oregon
'97 Silverado K2500, New HT383 motor!, Airbags, anti-sway bar
'03 Lance model 1030, generator, solar,

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah I've been doing it since Windows 2, and win 10 is vastly superior, tho win 7 wasn't bad either.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
I remember when the OS was on 5-8 floppies and once a year or so I would format the HD and re-install everything. An full evening of fun and games.
The good old days.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
profdant139 wrote:
TenOC, it may really be time to rethink the whole Microsoft thing. I used Windows for many years and was so tired of its endless flaws. My son, who is an IT professional, begged me to switch to the whole Mac/Apple universe.

That was several years ago, and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. No more crashes. No more security problems. No more glitches. The operating systems are easy and intuitive.

The bad news? It's more expensive. But if you put a value on your time and the annoyance factor, the switch may be a good bargain. It certainly was for me.

Hang in there, in any case!! We all feel your pain.

(When you were young, did you ever dream you would spend so much of your life dealing with problems involving a typewriter?? Me neither.) ๐Ÿ˜‰

When I first purchased a PC back in the days of Windows 95, you had to either be an IT expert, or learn how to be one. Driver incompatibility, hardware glitches, registry problems, BIOS issues, an OS that had to be reinstalled on a regular basis... It was a farce. Succeeding versions of Windows were incrementally better. Now, in the Windows 10 era, those issues are only a bad memory. And it only took 20 years for them to figure it out!
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
profdant139 wrote:
TenOC, it may really be time to rethink the whole Microsoft thing. I used Windows for many years and was so tired of its endless flaws. My son, who is an IT professional, begged me to switch to the whole Mac/Apple universe.

That was several years ago, and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. No more crashes. No more security problems. No more glitches. The operating systems are easy and intuitive.

The bad news? It's more expensive. But if you put a value on your time and the annoyance factor, the switch may be a good bargain. It certainly was for me.

(When you were young, did you ever dream you would spend so much of your life dealing with problems involving a typewriter?? Me neither.) ๐Ÿ˜‰

Apple/Mac are still susceptible to security issues. I know because I just went through it with my daughters laptop. And if you are a financial person, I have not found a laptop with a 10 key in the keyboard. And I am not carrying a bunch of accessories with me when I visit customers. So it is not a one size fits all computer world unfortunately.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II

2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Fizz wrote:
Time to update everything.
It will never get better, you will encounter more and more road blocks as you go on with that antiquated system.

What he said ^^^^^^
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Time to update everything.
It will never get better, you will encounter more and more road blocks as you go on with that antiquated system.

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
Time to update 7. It is a non supported dinesore. alosng with IE
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
agesilaus wrote:
. It's possible that that website is blocking IE because of security concerns.

But user 2 can access BassPro using IE
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why are you still using IE is the question. MS stopped doing security patches for IE quite awhile ago and it just is senseless to use any unpatched browser these days. You have FF and Chrome use one of those. I don't know if the IE replacement Edge works on win 7. It's possible that that website is blocking IE because of security concerns.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper