Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Corona Virus and RV Travel Video
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Corona Virus and RV Travel Video

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next
Too Young to Retire

Sun Diego

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/20 07:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SpeakEasy wrote:

Too Young to Retire wrote:

SpeakEasy wrote:

It's not about "you." It's about "us."

-Speak

And you are a Doctor?

Does it make a difference?

-Speak

So I guess you're not.

2018 RAM 3500HD MegaCab,hauling a 2020 Mobile Suites, and loving it.

BradW

Mayor of Flat Rock

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/20 08:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

azdryheat wrote:

People are losing their minds over this hyped-up Coronavirus. It's a complete hoax. Not enuf people are dying to make this virus relevant. The N1H1 killed 12,000 people before the prior president took any action. Yet there was no hoarding, no closing of schools and churches, no closing of bars and restaurants, no panic, no nothing. What makes Coronavirus worthy of destroying the US?

3 Things make it bad:

1) It is at least 3 times more contageous than "normal" flu.

2) Many people will be contageous days before showing any symptoms or knowing they have it. Some will never shows any symptoms, but still be contageous. These folks will spread it into the elderly high risk population.

3) It is 10 to 20 times more fatal than "normal" flu. So, instead of 1 out of 1,000 infected people dying, 1 or 2 out of 100 will assume room temperature.

4) Even if you survive, it can leave permanent lung scaring that can reduce lung capacity by 20% to 30%. Oops, that's 4. [emoticon]

Its no hoax. It is real. It is a killer and it is headed your way.

Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

dieseltruckdriver

Black Hills of SD

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/20 09:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli wrote:

I just watched this video by one of the bigger YouTube RV channels, "Long Long Honeymoon". He is interviewing his sister, a Doctor at a Tacoma Hospital. She delivers some good information.
If this does not belong here, do what you must.
Coronavirus & RV Travel -- SHOULD YOU CA........ PLANS? (with Dr. Elizabeth Wheeler, MD)

Funny thing, this is almost exactly word for word what my cardiologist told me today. He said to maintain distance from other people, wash your hands more than you think is necessary, and don't touch your face. He also didn't have a problem with travel, as long as we were aware of these things.

2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/20 09:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BradW wrote:

azdryheat wrote:

People are losing their minds over this hyped-up Coronavirus. It's a complete hoax. Not enuf people are dying to make this virus relevant. The N1H1 killed 12,000 people before the prior president took any action. Yet there was no hoarding, no closing of schools and churches, no closing of bars and restaurants, no panic, no nothing. What makes Coronavirus worthy of destroying the US?

3 Things make it bad:

1) It is at least 3 times more contageous than "normal" flu.

2) Many people will be contageous days before showing any symptoms or knowing they have it. Some will never shows any symptoms, but still be contageous. These folks will spread it into the elderly high risk population.

3) It is 10 to 20 times more fatal than "normal" flu. So, instead of 1 out of 1,000 infected people dying, 1 or 2 out of 100 will assume room temperature.

4) Even if you survive, it can leave permanent lung scaring that can reduce lung capacity by 20% to 30%. Oops, that's 4. [emoticon]

Its no hoax. It is real. It is a killer and it is headed your way.

I realize as Mayor of Flat Rock, you must carry out your duties of office and protect your citizenry.
It is concerning and people need to take appropriate measures to protect themselves as they see fit.
I have heard the fatality percentage number is expected to drop as more people are tested and a greater over all sampling of the herd is taken. I've also heard that some of the younger victims are frequent vape users and lung damage may have already occurred.
This thing will pass before long but it is expected to become a seasonal disease. As a society, we cannot have overreactions and market collapses every year. Sanity must reclaim it's place.

Camper Jeff and Kelli's Blog!
CITAP1 Jeff's YouTube Channel
A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FEET!

Oregun

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/20 09:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

azdryheat wrote:

They are trying to save lives by slowing down the growth since they can't stop it. In Oregon
they are expecting the cases to double every 6.4 days with 75000 total cases by May.
There is only 6000 hospital beds available so if they can slow the growth down enough then
the health care system can treat all the people who are seriously ill from it.

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/20 10:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kayteg1 wrote:

How you plan to camp with no toilet paper and no soap?
So far fuel prices hold, but I am not holding my breath.

New kind of dealing video

Stupid people use leaves Kayteg.... Problem is, they don't know a good leaf from a poison one.... cause they are stupid.

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

BradW

Mayor of Flat Rock

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/20 10:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, the health and welfare of the many small people who elected me to this high office is a heavy responsibility to bare.

The market has gone crazy, but if you happen to be sitting on some cash and have some guts and a year or three, it is hell of a buying opportunity.

* This post was edited 03/16/20 11:00pm by BradW *

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/20 05:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dr Drews opinion via a Washington Examiner tweet.

https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/1238972892760682496?s=20

And then, there’s the demonstration of the lack of understanding of one of our many citizens about a customer at a super market. I found it humorous. Reminds me of what I see when people dump their RVs.

https://twitter.com/realjameswoods/status/1239748037359988737?s=21

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Hankook DH-01 225/19.5 Fs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

DWeikert

York, PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/20 07:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli wrote:

I have heard the fatality percentage number is expected to drop as more people are tested and a greater over all sampling of the herd is taken.

As I understand, our main hope for a low mortality rate is if we can slow the infection rate such that we don't overwhelm our health care system. A few days ago Italy had to make the tough decision to not use ventilators on people over 80. They just don't have enough for everyone that needs one and that age group has the least chance of recovering. Now they have virtually none. If we have more sick then we have hospital beds and ventilators, it won't be good.

If I were planning to go camping relatively locally, I would continue with those plans. I was planning to drive across the country and I don't want to risk being a 3 day drive away from home when I start showing symptoms.

Dan
2008 Chevy D/A 2500HD ECSB
2010 Northstar 8.5 Adventurer

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/20 08:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

Kayteg1 wrote:

How you plan to camp with no toilet paper and no soap?
So far fuel prices hold, but I am not holding my breath.

New kind of dealing video

The TP problem will be over April 1st. When the rent is due people will be lined up return what they don't need.

I hope typical excuse for the return "I tried and did not like it"
will not apply?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Corona Virus and RV Travel Video
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.