Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Corona Virus and RV Travel Video
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Corona Virus and RV Travel Video

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next
Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/20 09:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

free radical wrote:

Now why doesnt every NEWS NETWORK mention this?

What I see on the news is that everything is shutting down, when travel restrictions are actually old news.
From my Jacuzzi I can observe air traffic at Las Vegas airport.
Just came from about 1 hr sesion. So after NV governor made order to close all non-essential business, and Las Vegas major signed an emergency declaration - I still see commercial airplanes landing about every 90 seconds.
Actually rare evenement today - with calm weather jets have been coming to double runaway from both sides so I had impression that traffic is actually bigger than normal.
Can anyone explain that?

DWeikert

York, PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/20 07:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So much misinformation out there...

free radical wrote:

Corovirus can live on Cold metal surfaces for up to for 12 hrs

www.health.harvard.edu wrote:

How long can the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 survive on surfaces?

A recent study found that the COVID-19 coronavirus can survive up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard, and up to two to three days on plastic and stainless steel. The researchers also found that this virus can hang out as droplets in the air for up to three hours before they fall. But most often they will fall more quickly.

free radical wrote:

Sunshine kills it,so does heat of 27°C

There is no evidence that sun exposure kills the 2019 coronavirus. UNICEF has debunked a post that claims the organization said sunlight is effective against the virus.

If 27°C (80.6°F) kills the virus, how does it thrive in the human body at 98.6°F?

Dan
2008 Chevy D/A 2500HD ECSB
2010 Northstar 8.5 Adventurer

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/20 08:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bottom line here is simply this:

You handle this how you want to. You can ignore it or be pro-active. Your choice entirely because, in the end, you get it and don't know it right away, you get to infect others including but nit limited to your loved ones and in the end, you too get sick and possible die from it.

Your choice, you 'make your own bed', you sleep in it, possibly the eternal sleep. I think most of us are adults (I think). As an adult only you can decide. So choose.

I've chosen. I'm staying home. limiting my exposure to others as much as possible, practicing healthy sanitation habits and praying (yes praying like I do every night, to the Lord that he spares us from this killer disease.

Just had this conversation with a friend (via-Email). He 'has' to go to work because he 'has to have a paycheck because he 'has to support his family, which is light years removed from gaavanting around the country in an RV, but in maby ways, the same. His comment to me was, I'll do whatever I want to and my comment to him was. A good with me but you make your own bed, you get to sleep in it.

Same applies here and like I told him, you contract it and possibly infect other innocent people because of your attitudde and then get sick (and possibly die) yourself, don't whine, you did it all by yourself. Being the Captain of your ship still bears some responsibilities.

I'm done posting on this thread. You do whatever blows your dress up. I know what blows mine up ans it sure isn't RV'ing this summer. I'll be right here at home with my wife and my dog and the farm animals, doing what I usually do, farming, because I can do it ALONE with no social distancing at all.

When you get sick, before you get so bad that posting becomes not doable, post about how you feel then, but don't whine because you did it all by yourself. After all you are an adult...right?

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/20 08:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’m retired and don’t have to go anywhere, so I’m simply not going anywhere. I can go outside with hundreds of yds betwen me and my neighbors.

Nothing against dresses, but I don’t wear one SideCarFlip.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Hankook DH-01 225/19.5 Fs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

DWeikert

York, PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/20 09:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good video explaining a measured response vs full blown quarantine.
https://youtu.be/nl6tTwxzCi8

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/20 12:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Top of the hour news just said a large increase is expected in 4 days due to the increased testing. I'll be interested to see if that comes to fruition. Market breakers kicked in again as market continues downward trend.
People who vape have more complications?
Hopefully this train wreck will turn around soon.

Camper Jeff and Kelli's Blog!
CITAP1 Jeff's YouTube Channel
A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FEET!

BradW

Mayor of Flat Rock

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/20 12:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli wrote:

It would be a big improvement if they could just get some hand sanitizer back on the shelf.

Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

mellow

Salisbury, MD

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/20 01:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You might have to buy it in a bigger bottle or more smaller ones in a case but I have found distribution companies have plenty of hand sanitizer if they allow walk in sales.

2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/20 01:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BradW wrote:

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli wrote:

It would be a big improvement if they could just get some hand sanitizer back on the shelf.

I did manage to get some toilet paper at Fred Meyer. Some Camco RV/Marine, 4 small rolls, 3.99. As I entered the checkout line, people asked where I got it. I suspect that supply is gone now too.

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/20 02:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This was interesting.
Hydroxychloroquine and curing covid19

Interview.
Interview with researcher

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Corona Virus and RV Travel Video
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.