Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Corona Virus and RV Travel Video
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Corona Virus and RV Travel Video

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev
Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/20 08:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting Flu Corona Deaths Comparison.
As of March 10 2020, the corona virus outbreak had infected more than 100,000 people and killed more than 3,000 globally, the majority in China, where the illness was first detected in December. More than 750 people in the United States have been diagnosed, including at least 25 people who have died.

By comparison, influenza — known as the common flu — has infected as many as 45 million Americans since October and killed as many as 46,000, according to estimates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The numbers for both diseases have risen since the published date. This is a surprisingly hard comparison to find in the media, CDC, WHO.

I'm reading several BLOGS of people traveling around the world and they are running into border closure issues. Some are being told to leave but are not being allowed into other countries such as Morocco to Spain is a get out no go situation. These occurrences just started happening. The people were getting through borders but not now. Stay tuned.

Camper Jeff and Kelli's Blog!
CITAP1 Jeff's YouTube Channel
A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FEET!

Eric&Lisa

Scappoose, OR

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/20 11:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It will be very interesting to do a postmortem on this experience when it is all done.

My opinion, as of the time/date of this post...

There is a lot of hype out there driven by a mass media induced frenzy. It is not as bad as the doomsayers say, nor will the repercussions last as long as they are forecast.

For me, I choose optimism over fear and hopelessness. Opportunity over misfortune. Dare I risk the cliche of 'If life gives you lemons, then make lemonade?' Even if I ultimately cannot change the fate of my outcome, I would rather face it with hopeful anticipation than to give in to fear and uncertainty.

That is my choice, I cannot make it yours. But I can challenge you to join me and move beyond the mayhem of despair to seize the future.

-Eric

* This post was edited 03/25/20 12:09am by Eric&Lisa *

Eric & Lisa - Oregon
'97 Silverado K2500, New HT383 motor!, Airbags, anti-sway bar
'03 Lance model 1030, generator, solar,

Bowling Green, KY

View Profile

Posted: 03/25/20 07:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is a unique time in our nation, and world. And, social media can serve as a great 'aid' in coping with this pandemic. Please continue, if you wish, this discussion here: https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/30059331.cfm

Thank you.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Corona Virus and RV Travel Video
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.