Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Corona Virus and RV Travel Video
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Corona Virus and RV Travel Video

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next
Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/20 02:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli wrote:

My 88 YO brother walks Tule Springs, Floyd Lamb Park a lot and Red Rock Canyon. He's trying to get me to go down there during the shut down. I'm thinking about it.

Red Rock Canyon is climbers destination from whole West Coast.
Just like the wall in Index, WA.
But since yesterday whole country has traveling restriction, so you might be a bit late for making decision?

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/20 03:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kayteg1 wrote:

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli wrote:

My 88 YO brother walks Tule Springs, Floyd Lamb Park a lot and Red Rock Canyon. He's trying to get me to go down there during the shut down. I'm thinking about it.

Red Rock Canyon is climbers destination from whole West Coast.
Just like the wall in Index, WA.
But since yesterday whole country has traveling restriction, so you might be a bit late for making decision?

He's not a climber anymore at 88 but he likes the drive out to Red Rock from Summerlin and walking the trails along the park's loop road, especially the one where the blocks of stone were removed for buildings long ago.
I'm not aware of any travel restrictions driving.

Camper Jeff and Kelli's Blog!
CITAP1 Jeff's YouTube Channel
A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FEET!

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/20 11:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You don't need to be climber to enjoy Red Rock Canyon.
Here are 2 of my friends, both about 75 yo on the picture.
I hear lot of cities are "locked down". No official order to stop traveling, but sure it will make some experience.

[image]

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/20 11:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

White House did not announce domestic travel restrictions (yet).
But doesn't look like there is guarantee that once you travel to different state, you will have easy way back.

joeshmoe

So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/20 06:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DWeikert wrote:

I was planning to spend the second half of April touring NM, AZ, UT... I'm coming to terms that it isn't going to happen this year.

Better come to terms that a lot of things aren't going to happen this year. We're looking at possibly 12 mos before this thing is sorted. The amount of crazy that will ensue between now and then is beyond what most people can visualize and comprehend.

Two mos. ago, I was telling people to get stocked up on everything in case this thing spreads here. They ignored me, said I was nuts. Two weeks ago, I kept telling people who I knew that if you're in a high community spread area, be prepared to shelter in your home for a long time. "You're crazy". That's now happening in multiple states.

Next thing will likely be National Guard deployed to deal with those rowdy folks who don't like being quarantined and under curfew. All kinds of things can go wrong at that point.

Next will be food rationing. 300 plus million people buying up all the food at the same time causes quite a problem. It can't be replenished fast enough. That will have to stop and the National guard will probably oversee it. My wife tried ordering on Costco yesterday for her parents. The order was cancelled due to no availability.

Don't think any of this will happen? The entire state of CA is now under an emergency shelter in place order with no expiration. 40 million residents. Yesterday it wasn't.

I think we're in for a long, drawn out overreaction that will decimate the economy. We will recover, but not before we shoot ourselves in both feet.

And don't think this being a huge election year doesn't have anything to do with the response. "Never let a good crisis go to waste."

2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/20 09:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reason for shortages are horders like this buying everything and trying to resel for more

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/techn........navirus-purell-wipes-amazon-sellers.html

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/20 10:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am going to my workplace about half the week and working from home the rest of the time. We are camping this weekend and finding plenty of others out and about but much less social interaction.

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW TransBuggy 1200

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/20 05:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

....just arrived home (in Canada) Thursday from a winter in Florida... 24 hours before the US/Canada border land crossings closed. Interesting cross-US experience. The I-95 from Florida up to about DC was PACKED with Ontario and Quebec plates, attempting to get NOB before the border closure (and State travel restrictions).

Observed a lot of Military transporter flatbeds loaded with 3 Humvees each, heading in southerly direction. Every state we crossed (I think 9?) were on restaurant lockdown. We were loaded down with tons of food, drinking water and other essentials. North and South Carolinas had notable traffic jams at sites of road construction.

We are sheltered in place back home now. Good luck to everyone in these times.

S & S

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/20 07:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

silverstrand, glad you made it back in time. I’ve been hanging out at my property for the past few weeks.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Hankook DH-01 225/19.5 Fs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

joeshmoe

So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/21/20 01:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bedlam wrote:

I am going to my workplace about half the week and working from home the rest of the time. We are camping this weekend and finding plenty of others out and about but much less social interaction.

Enjoy it while you can. Yosemite, Kings and another are all shutdown. Expect state and local parks begin to shut as well. Police are beginning crackdown on gatherings in NJ and LA. I suspect domestic travel restrictions will be coming.

The reaction to this thing ain't gonna lighten up anytime soon. My guess is every state will be on total lockdown just like Italy, inside of 2 weeks. 3, tops.

People don't understand that govt. Lockdowns are incremental, systematic, like a flight of stairs. One step at a time. When the previous step failed to yeild results, on to the next.

This time 2 or 3 weeks from now, we will be shocked at how much different life is. Get you your houses in order while you can.

Stay safe.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Corona Virus and RV Travel Video
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.