cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide out Problem

SARGUY
Explorer
Explorer
Just went to check on my 5th wheel today and noticed that the bedroom slide was extended out about a foot or better. This also happened last year but only extended a couple of inches on that occasion. Any one got an idea why this is happening?
8 REPLIES 8

Weldon
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is 15 years old and I had the same problem with the bed slide. In my case the ram needed to be rebuilt for the bedroom and living room slide. If you had a bad leak from a hose this could be the problem. I was able to remove both rams and had a local person rebuild for me, then I reinstalled.

SARGUY
Explorer
Explorer
The 5TH wheel is 14 yrs old so its getting up there but it is in very good condition.I have had it since it was new so I know its been looked after, this is actually the first time I have had a problem other than replacing the TV and Stereo which were low quality items anyway. Just replaced tires, battery and propane tanks last fall.

Weldon
Explorer
Explorer
It could very well be you hydraulic ram is defective. You may have a leak of pressure in the hose or connection under the bed. If the ram is bad it may be losing pressure inside the ram. How old is the 5th wheel?

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
There could be fluid visible if a fitting on the pressure side is leaking. Granted it is as likely it's an internal leak. Best check under the bed, where the hydraulic cylinder is located, too.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

MrWizard
Internal leak loses pressure
No external signs of fluid
Solenoid valve will be on manifold at the pump
That drives the slide that maybe under the slide or might not
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

SARGUY
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the quick replies,I think its a hydraulic slide,its a Forest River Cardinal 5th wheel. I assume that the soleniod would be under the bed with the slide mechanism so will get a look at it soon. I imagine that there will be some evidence of fluid leakage, is that correct?

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
lryrob9301 wrote:
If it is a hydraulic slide, the retract solenoid is bleeding off pressure and needs to be replaced.

YEP^^^^^^

And if electric the clutch/brake is slipping
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
If it is a hydraulic slide, the retract solenoid is bleeding off pressure and needs to be replaced.