Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Insanity in the grocery stores...
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Insanity in the grocery stores...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/20 01:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You think maybe everyone is buying so much toilet paper so they can roll everybody's yard, Halloween?
Maybe we can trade some toilet paper for steak?
How about a trade-in for a new car?

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/20 04:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

First of April the TP shortage will be over. People will be lined up at return counter trading TP for rent money.
The ones that have lost jobs will be worse.

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/20 04:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

First of April the TP shortage will be over. People will be lined up at return counter trading TP for rent money.
The ones that have lost jobs will be worse.

They shouldn't allow returns. On a side note I have been getting emails from my credit union that my loan payments have been postponed for April with no added interest,fees ect. I think more banks may follow suit.

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

wilber1

Abbotsford B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/20 07:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Things changing rapidly here. One major grocery chain is limiting customers and purchases. Seniors only between 6 and 8 AM. Province is also banning resale of certain goods.

"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

FlatBroke

CO/AZ

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/20 09:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our Walmart has signs stating only 1 purchase of toilet paper and sanitizer will be allowed for refund. Only to complicate matters while there all the items in their coolers were covered with tarps because their coolers were shutting down. You had to lift the tarps to find what your looking for.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/20 09:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Was just in Sam's Club. Still no chicken but I was able to get paper towels and napkins, both of which I needed. I use microfiber towels for most of my cleaning now-made the change a while ago when I suddenly realized how much paper I was using. Heard rumor that Market Basket had toilet paper. Didn't go check-don't need it right now. People are still hoarding. It's amazing.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/20 03:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

Was just in Sam's Club. Still no chicken but I was able to get paper towels and napkins, both of which I needed. I use microfiber towels for most of my cleaning now-made the change a while ago when I suddenly realized how much paper I was using. Heard rumor that Market Basket had toilet paper. Didn't go check-don't need it right now. People are still hoarding. It's amazing.

Crowe, how about using all those #12 jerseys that are no longer meaningful up there. Great cleaning cloths? [emoticon]

Sorry man, couldn't resist.

campigloo

Baton Rouge, La

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/20 04:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most stores in this area haven’t allowed the return of generators after hurricanes for several years. It’s VERY CLEARLY stated before it’s bought. I think stores should be able to at least limit the returns to a few rolls and ONLY with a receipt in hand.

hokeypokey

xxx

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/20 05:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomasmnile wrote:

Was shopping in a local Publix today. Talking to an employee and jokingly asked when this all subsides the store will be buried in a tsunami of returns. She said that's true, and also said government regulations (she didn't say state or Federal) mandate that any returned non perishable items must be discarded and cannot be restocked to shelves because there's no way the store can know product has not been tampered with.

Wonder if that would slow the panic hoarding if people knew? Waste of product, lost revenue to the store. Sad..........

Would be good if store policy wouldn’t allow returns if sales slips are dated during this madness.

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/20 06:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe, how about using all those #12 jerseys that are no longer meaningful up there. Great cleaning cloths?

Sorry man, couldn't resist.

LOL! I'm sure a lot of them are going to be used as just about anything-fire starter, lining the guinea pig cage and keeping a certain part of the body clean. I'm not heartbroken that he's gone. I don't follow it much but I think the last two years he's been more of a distraction than anything. My hunch? First game with an new team and he gets sacked, out of the sport for good.

As far as returns on TP we wouldn't even be having this conversation if stores had brains enough to limit quantities in the first place. When I went to Sam's today I was talking to a gentleman who had gotten a 96 roll pack from a janitorial supply house THEN went to Market Basket for more. Really? Again, it was just he and his wife. Must be the brother of the other guy I met at Market Basket last weekend!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Insanity in the grocery stores...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.