cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof inspection.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have never been on my roof. Have no plans to ever get up there. I'm almost 75 years old, balance isn't great and I've always been a big guy. I would like to have it inspected and have the caulk touched up if it needs it. I don't want some opportunist to take advantage of me and tell me I need a complete strip it all off and re-do it thing. I have always had them touched up in the past and it's worked well. At this time I don't have or know anyone that will do this. What are your suggestions? Not having any problems right now but don't want any either.
B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
11 REPLIES 11

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
C Schomer wrote:
I'd call rv shops and quiz them and hope to find one that will do an honest/good job. You don't need to get up there but they can show you cell phone pictures so you can verify what they say needs done and also see their finished work. Craig
Good idea. I can do that.
B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
I'd call rv shops and quiz them and hope to find one that will do an honest/good job. You don't need to get up there but they can show you cell phone pictures so you can verify what they say needs done and also see their finished work. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Bumpyroad wrote:
what is it, rubber, TPO,????????
bumpy

Think Rhino Liner for your roof.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Just did mine, stop by and I'll check it out 😉

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
what is it, rubber, TPO,????????
bumpy

Jlsr
Explorer
Explorer
Check into Flex Armor RV Roof. Lifetime no leak warranty and never need to get on the roof again !
2015 Lifestyle Luxury RV LS36FW

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Inspection and maintenance should be yearly or even twice yearly. You’ve been lucky. Don’t be cheap on this. It’ll cost you later.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
As a young neighbor kid for help. Just give him a little guidance and have him watch a "YouTube" video.

Bad idea! Imagine the kid falling off the roof.....

smarty
Explorer
Explorer
Might I ask how long it has been since anyone has inspected your roof? Are you experiencing any signs of leaking inside your rig? The answers to both of these questions may determine who you select to go up...

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
As a young neighbor kid for help. Just give him a little guidance and have him watch a "YouTube" video.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mobile RV tech?
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper