Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: 1984 Revcon!!!!! Garbage or decent?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Projects & Upgrades

> 1984 Revcon!!!!! Garbage or decent?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Big Katuna

Deland, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/18/20 09:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do you want a hobby or an RV?

Do you love rebuilding old things you can’t buy parts for anymore?

Not much storage, small bathroom/shower. Maybe wet shower.

They have a cult like following but I don’t want to spend that much time working on the RV.

My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/20 09:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like how DFrod put it "What's it worth to you?"
That's the amount to pay or walk away.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

Lwiddis

Mono Basin National Forest Scenic Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/18/20 10:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TY for posting for sale site DFord. I enjoyed seeing that unit. Interesting styling.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

Gundog

Ridgefield, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/20 12:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is one of these about a mile from my house. I think like most of these older RV's they don't have much if any value. Around here many old units get abandoned and the homeless move into them.They are expensive to get rid of not your particular model but older RV's in general it is a real problem around here.

2005 34' Expedition Cat C7 Allison 3000

Matt_Colie

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/20 08:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Revcon of that period were no part GMC. As you can see from the one picture, the took just the front drive part of a 4x4 and used that for the powerplant. As such, those parts should be available, but that could be a small part of the overall issue. Anything that old will need a lot of attention to make and keep it reliable enough to travel.

Matt

Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Shutterj

Seabrook

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/20 12:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you all for the responses.. I have tried to upload some pics but I can’t seem to figure it out from my phone.. it asks for a url and it’s not working.. I’m thinking I can get it under $1500.. it has not been opened in 5 years for the previous tenants passed away and it’s been under an awning since. I was thinking of buying it, getting her running and using it for the summer than selling it for a little profit.. that’s my plan anyway. Never invested in an RV and like boats I know they can be holes on the road which money gets thrown. Being so well built and having the roots from airstream I think it would be a solid investment

DrewE

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/20 01:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Shutterj wrote:

Thank you all for the responses.. I have tried to upload some pics but I can’t seem to figure it out from my phone.. it asks for a url and it’s not working.. I’m thinking I can get it under $1500.. it has not been opened in 5 years for the previous tenants passed away and it’s been under an awning since. I was thinking of buying it, getting her running and using it for the summer than selling it for a little profit.. that’s my plan anyway. Never invested in an RV and like boats I know they can be holes on the road which money gets thrown. Being so well built and having the roots from airstream I think it would be a solid investment

An RV is not an investment in the financial sense. You will almost certainly not be able to make a profit selling this RV for more than you pay for it plus have to put in to get it in reasonable operating condition...that's true even if there's nothing at all basically wrong with it other than having sat covered for five years.

For instance, you most likely need all new tires for safety's sake, due to their age, and probably brake work due to things sitting and corroding, and batteries and maybe some hoses and belts...and these things add up pretty quickly.

If you want something to use and you like the unit generally, it might be possible to get a reliable enough and usable enough motorhome for not too much money with some work and luck. It may also be a complete money pit; there's not enough information here to tell. However, treating it as a financial investment is absolute foolishness.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Projects & Upgrades

> 1984 Revcon!!!!! Garbage or decent?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.