Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Is it time to trip
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Is it time to trip

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
oldave

Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/20 06:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The moho allows us to be pretty isolated
I imagine most RV parks would rather I check in over the phone with a credit
card anyway .
The Walmarts around here you can go on line order groceries and they will
put them in your car . I think most grocery stores do that now .
With a TDS card I can pay at the pump with a whopping truckers discount
The thing I would be concerned about is getting stuck somewhere by a travel ban
However I've got way to much to do here to go anywhere right now .

PastorCharlie

NC

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/20 09:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tom/Barb wrote:

PastorCharlie wrote:

Tom/Barb wrote:

Is it this the time to trip low traffic, low fuel costs, no virus. [emoticon]

It would not be recommended to travel among others if from a state with high coronavirus contamination such as WA, CA, NY, et. al. areas; regardless the low prices to travel. We already have a patient in out area that travel from WA where they contacted the virus. The purpose of limiting travel, gatherings and social distancing is to stop the spread of the virus until there is someway to medically treat it.

Our area is closed to all outsiders except property owners and necessary employees and insiders are limited in travel also.

Those who would risk spreading a serious and deadly virus among the population for the love of pleasure and travel need to rethink their priorities.

WHEN we don't already have it how would we catch it while are traveling in the coach. truck stop re-fuel is a very limited exposure

I just read an article that all the coronavirus cases in our state, so far, have been associated with travel. I wonder if others thought the same as you. Perhaps they were the carriers and did not know it.

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/20 08:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All the CEO parks in Florida are closed now. I had reservations for April 18th for Ortona South and I just received an email they would be closed through April 30th.

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
3 fur kids (Monty, Lola and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy)

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/20 08:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MetalGator wrote:

All the CEO parks in Florida are closed now. I had reservations for April 18th for Ortona South and I just received an email they would be closed through April 30th.

Wonderful. And the government probably won't give me a dime of all the free money they are passing out. Plus, if there is a COE campground open they won't give me the senior discount because they won't sell me the senior pass during this crisis. No help for those who need it most; the seniors who can't get hired any more.

rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/20 09:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Keep in mind that we are ALL being asked to stay isolated if possible and to maintain social distancing. The ALL includes government employees that work at the various offices, parks, and recreation areas. Altho this may be a major inconvenience for some of us it may be the best way to limit this whole pandemic to a few weeks instead of many months. Don't be too critical of the lack of private and government services available since the people that work at those places also have families that they care about. If you can be self sufficient and isolated, great.

bzboy

Colorado Springs

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/20 12:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rgatijnet1 wrote:

Keep in mind that we are ALL being asked to stay isolated if possible and to maintain social distancing. The ALL includes government employees that work at the various offices, parks, and recreation areas. Altho this may be a major inconvenience for some of us it may be the best way to limit this whole pandemic to a few weeks instead of many months. Don't be too critical of the lack of private and government services available since the people that work at those places also have families that they care about. If you can be self sufficient and isolated, great.

^^^^ Best post so far. And yes I am a physician seeing cases of Covid in our city. Considering most on this forum are "older", you take your chances boondocking in the middle of nowhere. 24h from "cold symptoms" to being on a respirator.

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/20 02:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boondocking is one of the safest places to be. Stay away from people. Today we did drive-up pharmacy, drive-up coffee, drive-up groceries. I used gloves when I pumped fuel in the truck. At the rate we are going the beds will be filled up. There may not be a respirator for you. Safer out in the wilds.

wildmanbaker

Kennewick, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/20 11:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What is wrong with all of you? This immortality thing is WAY OVER RATED. Enjoy life while you can..... Just sayn don't get spooked, unless you are dying, then what the hell.

Wildmanbaker

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/20 02:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wildmanbaker wrote:

What is wrong with all of you? This immortality thing is WAY OVER RATED. Enjoy life while you can..... Just sayn don't get spooked, unless you are dying, then what the hell.
As you imply, dying isn't the issue because you will be gone. It's the living with breathing issues I'm trying to avoid if I catch this thing. I don't want to spend what time I have left paying for my own or someone else's carelessness when I can take precautions. But that's just me so I take precautions to look out for my own well-being when I figure others are not.

Dave

Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/21/20 04:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rule #1....People die.
Rule #2....Doctors can't change rule #1.
Am I doing what I can to keep from getting sick? You bet ya!
Am I really going to stay in my house and avoid all outside human contact? Nope.
I am still hopeful the company will release be from my current job so I can get to Stone Mountain campground and enjoy a week or so of peaceful relaxation.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Is it time to trip
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.