Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Senior Citizens Speak Up
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Senior Citizens Speak Up

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/20 08:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Walaby wrote:

DallasSteve wrote:

The plot thickens. The governor of California just issued an order that all Californians must stay home. What if you don't have a home? Or what if your home has wheels? Can you role over to a free state?

If I lived in California and my home had wheels, I woulda been long gone before now.

Mike

As a Californian will tell you, if you are not paying taxes in the state -- and specially if your poor state is being subsidized by their tax money, you have no right to speak about them and it's NOYB![emoticon]

Mayor30

Pa

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/20 08:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kennyg wrote:

Believe the state of TX has BLM land available. Would assume you could move your RV to those sites. Plus most if not all states and federal parks limit stays to two weeks. So, when your two weeks are up where do you plan to go? The ballot box comment makes no sense. Stop thinking of only yourself but rather the good of the rv population as a whole. Good grief, if you can afford an RV, you can afford a private RV park rate.
Not everyone owns a $300,000 luxory coach. Many of us have trailers or older motorhomes and use state and federal parks because they are affordable. A trailer is as good a place to isolate yourself as a home. We need to make our representatives understand that some people live in their trailers and motorhomes and they should keep these campgrounds open.

johnhicks

Wandering below the Gnat Line

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/20 09:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It would be way too cool if every fulltime person thrown out of a state park converge and boondock on the state capitol grounds to make the point. I recall farmers in Florida driving their tractors up the Capitol steps back in the late '70s.

Closing the parks to camping is idiocy; all they need to do is padlock the restrooms and require units to be self-contained.

-jbh-

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/20 09:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Walaby wrote:

DallasSteve wrote:

The plot thickens. The governor of California just issued an order that all Californians must stay home. What if you don't have a home? Or what if your home has wheels? Can you role over to a free state?

If I lived in California and my home had wheels, I woulda been long gone before now.

Mike

As a Californian will tell you, if you are not paying taxes in the state -- and specially if your poor state is being subsidized by their tax money, you have no right to speak about them and it's NOYB![emoticon]

California got enough of my tax money, and I got nothing for it.. so yeah, it is my business.

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/20 09:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

johnhicks wrote:

It would be way too cool if every fulltime person thrown out of a state park converge and boondock on the state capitol grounds to make the point. I recall farmers in Florida driving their tractors up the Capitol steps back in the late '70s.

Closing the parks to camping is idiocy; all they need to do is padlock the restrooms and require units to be self-contained.

Have you already forgotten what happened to the national parks with the shutdown.

They did just that and the parks were trashed.

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/20 04:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a national emergency going on, and it's getting worst (in a non-linear manner). Many will lose their apartment or house. The economy will tank, and we'll witness the recession go into a depression. More and more of us will have needs, and nowhere to turn. Yeah, I sound like doom and gloom. Wish, wish, wish that I'm wrong. I sure hope I can keep working on my RV, and get to do a little more RVing.

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

drsteve

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/20 06:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kennyg wrote:

Believe the state of TX has BLM land available. Would assume you could move your RV to those sites. Plus most if not all states and federal parks limit stays to two weeks. So, when your two weeks are up where do you plan to go? The ballot box comment makes no sense. Stop thinking of only yourself but rather the good of the rv population as a whole. Good grief, if you can afford an RV, you can afford a private RV park rate.

There is a difference between owning a $100,000 rig as a toy for weekend use, and full timing in said rig as a retirement home while living on SS.

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/20 06:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DallasSteve wrote:

And if you read the order,there are so many exceptions for this,that and the other, that it is totally unenforceable.

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/20 08:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wa8yxm wrote:

As of yesterday the COE had not shut down campgrounds. Truth be told there is no reason to do this... Sites are generally far enough apart to be "Socially distant" you can wave but you got to get out and walk some to shake hands.

COE shutdown campgrounds in Florida, at least Ortona South. Here is an email I received yesterday.

We're sending you this message because of your Recreation.gov reservation, 0225468871-1, at ORTONA SOUTH for Fri, Apr 17, 2020 - Sun, Apr 19, 2020.

A location closure has been issued for ORTONA SOUTH from Wed, Mar 18, 2020 - Thu, Apr 30, 2020 due to Public Safety Concerns .

Since this location closure overlaps with the dates for your trip, we wanted to provide you with options for how you can proceed:

Cancel your reservation and receive a full refund.
You can review and cancel your reservation under the "My Account" section on Recreation.gov.
Credit/debit card payments will be refunded to the card associated with your account, or you'll receive a refund check in the mail if you paid by cash or check (please allow up to 8 weeks).
Hold your reservation (no action required) and see if the location reopens prior to your visit.
If the location reopens before or during your reservation and you have not cancelled, you'll be able to take your trip. You will receive an email from ORTONA SOUTH indicating the location has reopened, and all standard change and cancellation policies will apply to your reservation.
If the location remains closed at the start of your reservation, we will cancel your reservation and provide a full refund.
Modify your reservation to any other available days. No modification fee will be charged.
You can also change your reservation to any new date/s without being charged a modification fee. This includes changing the start date, adding days or removing days. The new reservation dates must be available and not impacted by the closure.

The experience and wellbeing of visitors is our top priority, and we apologize for any inconvenience with this location closure. We appreciate your understanding, and you should expect to receive additional information from ORTONA SOUTH as it become available.

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
3 fur kids (Monty, Lola and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy)

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/20 08:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cloud Dancer wrote:

We have a national emergency going on, and it's getting worst (in a non-linear manner). Many will lose their apartment or house. The economy will tank, and we'll witness the recession go into a depression. More and more of us will have needs, and nowhere to turn. Yeah, I sound like doom and gloom. Wish, wish, wish that I'm wrong. I sure hope I can keep working on my RV, and get to do a little more RVing.
That's the mindset to spread the panic. The overwhelming majority of people who get sick, or are exposed to the virus will be completely fine. Worrying and fretting about what could happen is what is driving this frenzy of buying. Large numbers of people die from the regular flu every year, why did no one ever worry about that?

This may, repeat may, be worse but the "experts" don't know, and you can find someone who will support your personal leanings if you search hard enough. If people would just chill out, stay home, and quit buying things "just in case" we would all be better off.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Senior Citizens Speak Up
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.