cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

...and Mesa Verde National Park...

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
...also joins in National Park closures. While the park itself is currently open, most current and future services are not, along with some of the cliff dwellings. Notably, Morefield CG and the Farview Lodge area are closed, along with the Visitors Center and Museum until MAY 1, 2020. Source H E R E
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.
4 REPLIES 4

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mesa Verde
Chaco Canyon
Canyon De Chelly
Navajo Mountain
Navajo National Monument
Bandelier NM

MODERATOR'S EDIT: Per the site Admin's request, I am closing all COVID-19 threads and directing future comments to one thread in Around the Campfire: 2019โ€“20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
ppine wrote:
A good time to visit when it is quiet and contemplate the fate of the Universe.

There are going to be some visiting opportunities in the NPS system with partial closures.

"I have always found MV to be a very spiritual place."

As is Canyon de Chelly - but it too is closed.
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
A good time to visit when it is quiet and contemplate the fate of the Universe. I have always found MV to be a very spiritual place.

There are going to be some visiting opportunities in the NPS system with partial closures.

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Thom02099 wrote:
...also joins in National Park closures. While the park itself is currently open, most current and future services are not, along with some of the cliff dwellings. Notably, Morefield CG and the Farview Lodge area are closed, along with the Visitors Center and Museum until MAY 1, 2020. Source H E R E

Closed but Open - M
Mesa Verde National Park Operational Updates Due to the Novel (New) Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Mesa Verde remains open, but the park and park partners are modifying operations to implement the latest guidance from the White House, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), and local and state authorities to promote social distancing. Please see below for operational and public health information and updates.

Closures and Delays

All public facilities are closed until May 1. These include:

โ€ข Visitor and Research Center and Store
โ€ข Morefield Campground
โ€ข Far View Lodge and Metate Room
โ€ข Far View Terrace Cafรฉ and Gift Shop
โ€ข Chapin Mesa Archeological Museum and Museum Store
โ€ข Spruce Tree Terrace Cafรฉ and Gift Shop
Cliff Palace will remain closed and all tours are cancelled until May 1.
Refunds for Cliff Palace tours will take place automatically, but those who had reservations should confirm this by checking recreation.gov.
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach