Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: F-53 V-10 Oil Capacity
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> F-53 V-10 Oil Capacity

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
timmac

Las Vegas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/23/20 07:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just found out that the dipstick issue was before the 2006 3 valve V10's, it was in the 2 valve V10's around 1999 to 2003 or so.

And now the newer 3 valve V10's manual states 7 quarts but my 07 manual states 6 quarts but my dipstick says 6 1/2 quarts to have it at proper level.

It appears I am stuck some where in the middle of this confusing oil capacity, another Ford screw up..

So I am either adding to much or not enough oil.

[emoticon]

timmac

Las Vegas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/23/20 07:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Update :

I found a 2011 F53 manual online and it shows 7 quarts for the oil capacity, Ford made no changes on the V10 or the tranmssion from 2006 to 2015..

So it appears the manuals might be wrong on the 2006 to 2009, could not find the info on 2010.

And the dipsticks might be wrong as well on these years 2006-09, 7 quarts puts my reading slightly above the high mark and 6 quarts puts my reading at the low mark, 6 1/2 quarts puts me in the sweet spot..

So if you are putting in 6 quarts you might be running the oil level to low on the 2006 to 2009 F53's if you go buy the manual..

[emoticon]

Another Ford screw up...

ernie1

Sacramento,California,USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/23/20 09:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't think Ford screwed up. They just don't tell you that when you drain the crankcase of oil, the engine oil cooler also drains about 1/2 quart of oil. Sooo, Maybe Ford just wants to keep this simple and safe for themselves by saying the crankcase capacity is 6 quarts but not telling people that another 1/2 quart is needed to fill the cooler back up. I don't guess all Ford v10 engine applications require an engine oil cooler like in an rv application I had a similar issue with my previous rv which had a 460 engine that took 1 full quart to fill the engine oil cooler back up.

crawford

Dandridge Tenn.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/06/20 07:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

timmac wrote:

DFord wrote:

The owner's manual and Ford Motor Company are the final word here. If you're not following their recommendations, you're wrong. It's just that simple.

Well it appears that some where around 2016 to 2018 the manual now says 7 quarts, did ford make the oil pan larger or is it the same and they recognize their error.

I can not find a dipstick issue with the 2007 F53 model V-10 online, only the older V10's.

I think the error is in my manual..
My 2007 V10 3 valve per cylinder owners book says 6 qts that's what I been doing.

Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> F-53 V-10 Oil Capacity
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.