cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2004 Bounder New To Us Has Issues We Need Help With

davidandval
Explorer
Explorer
We have a recently purchased 2004 Bounder. The lights on the superslide were on in the listing but now that we have it non of the lights work. Have checked every fuse on the coach 3 times. I now have it at a small RV dealer that is also having difficulty finding the problem. Also, coming back from Florida we drained our water system due to driving into colder weather and when we stopped for fuel we noticed water seeping through the pargo wood flooring in front of the sink and shower area. Any one out there have any ideas? It would be very appreciated! Thanks in advance (:
12 REPLIES 12

davidandval
Explorer
Explorer
Thead, They had a large service department connected to the dealership so I suspected they might have a service personel that might know a **** thing. Live and learn! I do own a multimeter and I am in the process of doing just that. I'll have to post a photo of what I found when I figure out how to do that.

thead
Explorer
Explorer
What made U think a RV dealer knows anything other than selling RV's Buy a multimeter and get to probing, no one is going to care wassup more than U, It's simple, lights need 12 volts to function, get busy it will be fun & U will learn how to troubleshoot U're coach come rain & shine. There are always gonna be problems with that mobile house U have. Last time I woke up as all others before, gravity dictates water only falls down, not up!:)

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Newbie hit and run on this one it seems.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
zigzagrv wrote:
As far as the water leak is concerned, since your tank is empty. the only thing that could be leaking is the P-trap or possibly a water filter if you have one. Good luck.

Or a roof, or a window, or a slide...Are your other tanks empty? Was the bath roof vent left open and did it rain? Could condensation be coming in a roof vent?

As far as the lights, was this RV ever inspected to get tags? In any state I've ever lived, the clearance lights need to be working in order to pass inspection.

on edit:
we noticed water seeping through the pargo wood flooring in front of the sink and shower area

Seeping through as in from the underside or you noticed water on the floor? Did you travel through rain? Did this model have pergo in it from the factory? Is it possible the previous owner replaced the floor to cover up an existing problem?
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer
As far as the water leak is concerned, since your tank is empty. the only thing that could be leaking is the P-trap or possibly a water filter if you have one. Good luck.

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
Check the lights. They may have individual switches on them that are turned off. I am assuming that they all work on a single switch.

Under the coach you will find a junction box at one end or the other of the slide. Romex 120 volt wire and 12 volt wire will come to 2 different j-boxes. Coming out of theses boxes will be rubber cord to feed the slide and allow for flexibility. Remove the covers and check the voltage.

As for the water it would be a leak from under the sink. Not from the holding tank. Water does not leak up thru the floor.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
Really taking a stab in the dark, do any other lights in the coach work? If so its not the battery disconnect switch. If other lights do not work then do you get lights when plugged in? If so then it may be the battery disconnect switch or related items.

As for water leakage that may take more time and info to find the problem.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

davidandval
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna, It's a gasser. Chassis battery is charged.

davidandval
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp, No, because so far, I havn't been able to locate any wires other then the lights themselves. It does sound like a logical possibility!

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is it a gas or a diesel? I ask as I have 05 DP.
Assuming DP, is the battery switch on? Itโ€™s by the front door on the EMS panel.

Chassis batteries charged?
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Did you check the slide for a pinched or cut wire?