cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calmark covers

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hope everyone is doing well in these challenging times.

I have used ADCO covers in the past, they work well but typically last us 5-6 years here in New England.

I would like to hear from Folks that have used both Calmark and lesser brands.

Is a Calmark worth the extra 50% cost?

I know the Calmark’s get good reviews, but is the cost worth it in performance and longevity?

Thx. Boll
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson
4 REPLIES 4

gvgeode
Explorer
Explorer
Thx GV, so compared to lesser brads it was worth the cost?

Bill, in my opinion it was well worth the cost. And Calmark's new measurement scheme for your camper makes for a much more contoured fit.
2010 F-450, 6.4PSD, CC, DRW, 4X4, 60 gal fuel tank
2009 Lance 1055

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
gvgeode wrote:
I purchased a Calmark cover for my Lance 1055 in 2009. I just replaced it this year and it probably could have lasted a few more years. If I had been a bit more careful about avoiding low spots on the roof where water would puddle and also covered edges where the cover caught and tore small holes I'd guess that there was another 5 years in the cover. It was well worth the extra few $$.

Thx GV, so compared to lesser brads it was worth the cost?

Bill
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

gvgeode
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a Calmark cover for my Lance 1055 in 2009. I just replaced it this year and it probably could have lasted a few more years. If I had been a bit more careful about avoiding low spots on the roof where water would puddle and also covered edges where the cover caught and tore small holes I'd guess that there was another 5 years in the cover. It was well worth the extra few $$.
2010 F-450, 6.4PSD, CC, DRW, 4X4, 60 gal fuel tank
2009 Lance 1055

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
We use Sunshield tarps. Much cheaper and they work just fine. Lots of my posts on the subject.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)