Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: 2019–20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> 2019–20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 97  
Prev  |  Next
MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/20 02:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Walters received the injection in mid-June after being tested to make sure he had never had the virus and was otherwise healthy. The injection was either the trial coronavirus vaccine or a well-established meningitis vaccine, used as the control.

Menengitis vaccines do cause a fever. As did the virtually worthless influenza vaccines of 2019 - 2020 I had fevers of 101F every afternoon for 3 days. Then proceeded to get the H3N2 then the H1N1 despite the inoculations. I received the adult dose of influenza vaccines.

Very very few seniors become ill after receiving the 1st inoculation of the AZ serum. I have not read enough to be satisfied about the 2nd dosage. It certainly has to be less intrusive than the mildest true COVID symptoms.

I wish I could still JUMP, Don. I might wiggle a little. A few IM antibiotics insert a capsule of LIDOCAINE to soften the discomfort of an injection. I wonder why this isn't the case with inoculations?

In Yokahama, in 1967, my fever went to 105F. They were preparing an ice bath when the fever broke. The fever returned at Balboa and Oak Knoll. I do not want a repeat. Call me hypersensitized.

I am going to demand to read then witness the bottle being opened before I accept injection. It had better read AstraZeneca both times or no dice.

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/20 02:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Let's all hope for an effective and well distributed vaccine asap.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/20 05:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Something serious happened with the Moderna tests. But zero information came forth. They apparently are not ready to resume phase III testing. Also apparently on hold is the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

The true tests will consist of millions vaccinated. Now there seems to be a concern about mutations and exotic fur bearing animals.

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/20 05:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Today we wake up to promising news on an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer vaccine 90% effective); but we must wait for ALL the data to be collected before we know the outcome.

* This post was edited 11/09/20 06:36am by an administrator/moderator *

Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (semi-retired), Grant, Lee, Fern & Hattie
Sam the Maremma Sheepdog & Wendy the Kangal (at home guarding our flock)
2001 Chevy Express 2500 Cargo (rolling kennel)
2007 Nash 22M

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/20 02:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes indeed. Starting out with a high efficacy is a positive point. How it fares after 30, 60, 90 days in another. There are a multitude of intrinsic waypoints within a successful vaccine that must be met. I remain cautiously optimistic.

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 11/10/20 08:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How many more people get exposed to Covid while someone who thinks they are infected waits days for the results of a test that takes a couple of hours to run?

Waiting for their test results before they can inform their close contacts that they too were exposed to Covid.

Waiting for the results of a test that has a significant false negative rate = "sensitivity" (infected people getting results indicated they are not infected).

Quote:

Over the 4 days of infection before the typical time of symptom onset (day 5), the probability of a false-negative result in an infected person decreases from 100% (95% CI, 100% to 100%) on day 1 to 67% (CI, 27% to 94%) on day 4. On the day of symptom onset, the median false-negative rate was 38% (CI, 18% to 65%). This decreased to 20% (CI, 12% to 30%) on day 8 (3 days after symptom onset) then began to increase again, from 21% (CI, 13% to 31%) on day 9 to 66% (CI, 54% to 77%) on day 21.

Source: Variation in False-Negative Rate of Reverse Transcriptase Polymerase Chain Reaction–Based SARS-CoV-2 Tests by Time Since Exposure Annals.org on 13 May 2020

Sorry, just needed to vent personal frustration while waiting to hear if my sister (exposed at work and not informed about exposure for several days, see above for reason in delay) and nephew have covid (they are feeling sick) and they may have exposed my parents (my mother is not feeling well). My sister was told results would be available in 48-72hrs; it’s 96hrs and counting. Nephew called to get tested, there is a wait time to get a test appointment followed by waiting days for results.

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/10/20 09:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Understand the frustration, we came within 24 hrs. last March to loosing my brother-in-law to Covid (first person at that hospital to be put on a ventilator); and it ran through one of my son-in-law's family (he is a captain at a fire station, so daily exposed to the public).

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/10/20 09:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mark, are these your relatives in Lockport, IL? We're having major increases in our area right now. Chicago has shut down indoor dining and bars (I think) and we have about a 20% positivity on tests in NW Indiana.

I hope they all do well.

This is an example why rapid testing and contact tracing is necessary to get this thing under control.

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (12 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 3 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 11/10/20 09:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, relatives in Lockport and Orland Park IL.
Covid is running through the bank where my sister works; drive up teller windows are closer than 6’ so they cannot social distance.

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 11/10/20 09:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In Mexico, the numbers are increasing at an alarming rate. We now have a national event coming up similar to Black Friday. However, ours will last for two weeks likely adding to the spread along with our religious holidays which include mass celebrations, parades, etc.

Weddings, rave parties, clandestine live music events are happening every weekend. Mexico has had many infections where complete families are infected and die from the virus. This last weekend a family of six perished. Mexico also has the highest Covid death rate among healthcare workers.

My great-nephew in Cincinnati hung out with friends on a Friday night. By the following Tuesday, he had infected his parents and sister. They were sick for three weeks and are now recovering.

Why aren't countries doing mass testing? Get it done and over with. Wouldn't it be easier to control it if we knew the true extent of the virus? How many more deaths are we going to accept before we take real action?

How many is not enough or too much? I can't believe Mexico is nearing 100,000 deaths. Where I live, Monterrey is at 5000 deaths and increasing by an average of 40 deaths per day.

As we say in Spanish, "la vida no vale nada". "Life has no worth".

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 97  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> 2019–20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.