Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: 2019–20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> 2019–20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 97  
Prev  |  Next
silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 11/22/20 07:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

....a follow-up article to that New York Post New Zealand incoming flight article shows that:

"The seven cases detected as a result of the flight were among 215 diagnosed out of a total of 62,698 arrivals into New Zealand as of October 20."

So, since the inception of covid-19, 62,698 inbound passengers pre-tested and followed up from quarantine in new Zealand (the strictest country on earth in screening in-coming travelers) represents only 0.342% infection rate aboard all long-haul (I assume all are long-haul) flights into New Zealand since March (over nearly 9 months). That is a very good population test of a "captive audience" inside an aluminum cigar tube that would have an modern passenger jet air cabin recirculation / purification rate of between 33 and 46+ times per hour.

You would have to normalize the 62,698 total passenger population with the standard incidence of coronavirus per 100,000 over the course of the pandemic, but look at Belgium (all these numbers as of yesterday):

Belgium: 4802 infections per 100,000
Switzerland: 3330 infections per 100,000
Netherlands: 2700 infections per 100,000
UK: 2180 infections per 100,000
Iceland: 1465 infections per 100,000

I would feel MUCH safer flying in a modern passenger jet with modern air circulation/purification systems compared with living an 18 hour period in ANY of the best/lowest infection per 100,000 numbers countries of the World, for sure. Even better (well, for the air passenger industry), I assume every passenger in the 18 hour flight would have removed their masks maybe a dozen times over that incredibly long flight. Who can wear a mask for 18 yours straight without removing it? No one. The big issue with taking a flight, is exposure inside the airport terminal, and going through pre-flight screening. If screening could take place outdoors, and outside any terminal building, that would be perfect (however, extremely difficult to execute, as you can imagine in harsh winter).

Note: I include above only countries with the highest standard of pandemic tracking, to keep in line with New Zealand's extremely strict pandemic tracking endeavor

This is the article to which I refer: here-->

* This post was edited 11/22/20 07:57am by silversand *

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 11/22/20 09:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If an infected person sat within 10 feet of me for 4 hours I get the virus HEPA II filter or not. Look at level 3 biohazard suits. Again it is atmospheric loading times length of exposure. Three large Holmes HEPA II filters operating in a 12x15 bedroom would significantly reduce a virus count. But does not eliminate a limit of exposure. No airports never mind flights until the month after I get jabbed.

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 11/22/20 04:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Enough.
FDA announced 9-12 December the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines get distributed for jabbing. No words about any alternative vaccines. In Mexico, the Oxford AztraZeneca vaccine gets distributed. No word on alternatives. The AZ will cost $100 pesos about 5 US Dollars. No word about US cost. Not even mention about the 2nd jab or cost. Frustratingly short announcement by COFEPRIS Mexico's FDA.

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 11/23/20 05:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oxford U/AstraZeneca interim vaccine results
Company Press Release

BBC news

Lancet article on the two dosing methods

* This post was last edited 11/23/20 05:48am by BCSnob *   View edit history

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 11/23/20 11:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FINAL ADVICE

IGNORE PRESS RELEASES! Let the FDA and Peer Reviewed analysis show final results of serology effectiveness and function. This information will be clearly noted as being PEER REVIEWED.

Think of the process as being compared to New Car Manufacturer's hype versus Road and Track and Car and Driver reviews.

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 11/23/20 11:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

FINAL ADVICE

IGNORE PRESS RELEASES! Let the FDA and Peer Reviewed analysis show final results of serology effectiveness and function. This information will be clearly noted as being PEER REVIEWED.

Think of the process as being compared to New Car Manufacturer's hype versus Road and Track and Car and Driver reviews.

This one ^^^^^^^

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 11/23/20 11:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mixed messaging from the public.......

We want transparency, data sharing, and updates on progress now
We don’t want data sharing until the end of the blinded study and after peer review

This is from the Pfizer press release
Quote:

The trial will continue to collect efficacy and safety data in participants for an additional two years.

Pfizer and BioNTech plan to submit the efficacy and safety data from the study for peer-review in a scientific journal once analysis of the data is completed.

I’m guessing the last statement was for the data to be used to get emergency use authorization not after the completion of the study 2 years from now.

* This post was last edited 11/23/20 12:24pm by BCSnob *   View edit history

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 11/23/20 02:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nothing can substitute for time. The pathogen can mutate 99 different ways. For curiosity's sake I am waiting to see if AZ's approach to neutering the virus spike protein can somehow be overcome by the virus. This is a novel approach that intrigues me.

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

I will share my individual experience with the AZ jab after effects. I am particularly concerned with fever as I have recurrent bouts of Malaria that had raised my temperature to 105.1F 45 years ago.Fever devastates me. I cannot imagine injection after-effects worse than multiple tropical inoculations given by the military back then.
Apparently the AZ serum requires very modest refrigerator temp storage. I am avoiding subjects that need peer review.

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/23/20 02:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mex,

That's very kind of you to offer to share your personal results.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/23/20 04:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Keep in mine the results reported from one individual has NO bearing on how others may, or may not, be affected and should not influence the action, or inaction, of any other person.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 97  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> 2019–20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.