Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: 2019–20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> 2019–20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 97  
Prev  |  Next
monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 11/23/20 05:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moderator wrote:

Keep in mine the results reported from one individual has NO bearing on how others may, or may not, be affected and should not influence the action, or inaction, of any other person.

Agree, but ...

Be nice to hear some first hand experience though ... even if not applicable to everyone of us.

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 11/23/20 10:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WITH VACCINES YOU DO NOT HAVE A CHOICE. PERIOD.
You get inoculated with what is available. Check with the FDA on this. The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines have been granted emergency clearance for use in the USA. The Oxford AZ vaccine has not. But AZ needs consensual approval from the FDA to qualify Mexican green card holders entry. A binary approval that allows Pfizer and Moderna vaccinated entry on airflights.

Most of the latter is in Spanish and has to be ferreted out of various newsfeeds including COFEPRIS.

But my AZ inoculation remarks should be treated like your cousin Ralph's postcard visiting Hawaii the first time and not like the Physician's Desk Reference. You are unlikely to get any comments from anyone outside the Pfizer-Moderna realm.

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/20 06:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines have been granted emergency clearance for use in the USA.
The FDA has NOT grated EUA (Emergency Use Authorization) to any Covid vaccines at this time.

Below is a quote from a USA Today interview of FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn.

Quote:

How long it will take for a vaccine to be authorized?

Hann: There are several steps to the vaccine authorization process. First a company must apply to the FDA. Then the FDA must go through the application and send it to an outside review board called the Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee (VRBPAC). That committee meets on Dec. 10 and will send the FDA its comments and recommendations. Only then can the FDA make a final decision on a vaccine.

How long should we expect FDA to deliberate after it hears from that committee?

Hahn: We expect it to be days, but it’s very dependent on the complexity of the data and the comments we get back from VRBPAC.

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/20 08:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BCSnob wrote:

The FDA has NOT grated EUA (Emergency Use Authorization) to any Covid vaccines at this time.

Correct. Nice call. No approval as yet. Its hard to actually say when the approval will happen, according to Dr Fauci as elaborated on the EUA approval process last night on PBS News Hour. Go to 07:37 in the broadcast: here-->

In the transcript, verbatim:

"Well, the projection is that, if all goes well with the application for an EUA, as you mentioned, an emergency use authorization, that there could be vaccine delivered to us the middle and end of December."

And,

"And then, as we get into January, February and March, that will increase incrementally, so that, hopefully, by the time you get into the middle towards the end of the first quarter of 2021, you will have accounted for and vaccinated those who are in the higher priority groups"

So really, if "all goes well" with the EUA application, the man on the street (ie. the population not among those in critical infrastructure) won't see any vaccine till sometime end of March and later.

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/20 09:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mexicowanderer wrote:

Meanwhile back at the ranch...I will share my individual experience with the AZ jab after effects

Mex:

....a PBS News Hour journalist (born in 1958, with quite a few pre-conditions) participated in the Moderna trial. This wasn't the AZ vaccine, but nonetheless, his detailed post-jab (2 injections) symptoms experience was very interesting: this is the whole broadcast of his adventure: here-->

....but caveat: the Moderator's post (above) is good advice.....

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/20 11:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

THANK YOU FOR THE CORRECTION!

Mexico is awaiting Great Britain's authorization then they will proceed independent of the USA. According to COFEPRIS they have millions and millions of doses stockpiled and the Oxford vaccine can be safely made 4 times faster than the US vaccines and exist comfortably in a standard refrigerator. Thank god for small miracles.

The fact that 2 full strength vaccinations render 70% protection while a half strength 1st jab followed by a full strength second jab yields protection in the high 90's (not peer reviewed) will probably delay authorization here. I am anxious because I have surgeries (multiple) ahead of me.

Most of you have family around you. My family is 2,000 + miles distant. While getting a full long-block physical rebuilding in the USA, I survive alone in a small house, on my own, except for two extremely limited time housekeepers. So I have to prepare for probable post inoculation side effects. Not having the ability to walk compounds the issue.

As a chuckle, USA butterball turkeys sell for $4.00+ a pound here. Shipping while frozen must enter into that equation. Another day in paradise.

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/20 11:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Did you look at the linked lancet article (peer reviewed) I posted with the press announcement? Here it is again:

Safety and immunogenicity of ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine administered in a prime-boost regimen in young and old adults (COV002): a single-blind, randomised, controlled, phase 2/3 trial
The Lancet
Available online 19 November 2020
In Press, Corrected Proof

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/20 12:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you, sir. Many times, links just hang down here, and yours must have been one of them. Regards for taking the time to re-post it. Clicking. Now.

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/20 01:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I sped through the article and found the multiple bar graphs at the end especially valuable to me. I am a subject of a hyperactive immune (autoimmune) subject to R/A symptoms, severe (rheumatologist denoted) psoriasis, and a peculiar symptom if I drank water originating in a private well in seven or eight locales all over the west and in Mexico both hands would swell up to the size of baseball catcher's mitts. After switching to R/O water the swelling would go down and I would have peeling skin like that expressed after a severe sunburn on the hands. Rheumatologists were/are amazed at the reaction and Blood and Urine Panels revealed zero. Other than considerable discomfort no other reactions were noted.

So my concern about immunological effects aren't merely theatrical.

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/20 05:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mexicowanderer wrote:

Mexico is awaiting Great Britain's authorization then they will proceed independent of the USA. According to COFEPRIS they have millions and millions of doses stockpiled and the Oxford vaccine can be safely made 4 times faster than the US vaccines and exist comfortably in a standard refrigerator. Thank god for small miracles.

....I hope that people are aware that almost none of the 3 vaccine candidates will be permitted to leave the various countries of manufacture until the domestic need is FULLY realized? This even applies to Canada (Canada does not manufacture any vaccines). We in Canada were, um, inferred to yesterday that Canadians shouldn't get over-optimistic about receiving any vaccine(s) manufactured outside Canada until the manufacturing countries' domestic needs are FULLY met.

So, even if Mexico says, "we approve all Covid vaccine" today November 25th", unless Mexico has one of the candidate's vaccines plants in-country, get to the back of the line (the back of the line, the same as Canada has to). Millions of doses doesn't even mean very much. The Planet requires at least a thousand-million doses (1 billion divided by 2 = a paltry 500 million fully immunized!) just to inoculate the bare minimum critical infrastructure in a hand-full of G20 countries. The media is being disingenuous to suggest otherwise.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 97  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> 2019–20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.