Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: 2019–20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> 2019–20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 119  
Prev  |  Next
charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/21 03:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BCSnob, my husband and I get our second Pfizer shots this coming Monday. Do you know how long we should wait after the second shot in order to be considered protected from Covid-19? There seems to be different wait times with respect to the specific vaccine taken.

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/21 05:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CDC info about vaccination

CDC wrote:

It takes time for your body to build protection after any vaccination. COVID-19 vaccines that require 2 shots may not protect you until a week or two after your second shot.

Personally I wouldn't rely on immunity for at least 2 weeks, and then still maintain public health protocols, masking, distance and hand washing.

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (12 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 3 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/21 07:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Coming to the table now we have mRNA derived vaccines and DNA derived vaccines. And above in one post it shows potentials for DNA vaccines as a boost for mRNA vaccines. That makes less sense than a boost from the same derivative. Both act in a different manner to solicit immune system reactions. Anyone???

Prime from Moderna and boost from AstraZeneca = mRNA >>> DNA
Prime from Pfizer and boost from Moderna = mRNA >>> mRNA
Prime from Sputnik V and boost from Johnson & Johnson = DNA >>> DNA

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/21 09:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mexico's online registration system is now up and running although saturated. I was able to register this morning and am awaiting a call from the call center to confirm my date. That probably won't happen for quite some time without any vaccines yet available but it is the first step.

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/21 09:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

charlestonsouthern wrote:

BCSnob, my husband and I get our second Pfizer shots this coming Monday. Do you know how long we should wait after the second shot in order to be considered protected from Covid-19? There seems to be different wait times with respect to the specific vaccine taken.

According to BNT162b2 induces SARS-CoV-2-neutralising antibodies and T cells in humans the plateau in virus neutralization titer is reached 7 days after the second shot (see Figure 1b where day 22 was the date of the second shot).

This is information on when the Pfizer inoculated person reaches maximum protection for themselves; it does not indicate a vaccinated person will not be infections to others (asymptomatic carrier).

The clinical trials for the vaccines evaluated for the prevention of one or two symptoms of Covid-19 plus confirmatory positive RT-PCR tests. The clinical trials did not evaluate for prevention of asymptomatic cases of Covid-19 (no symptoms with positive RT-PCR tests) which would provide data on if the vaccines make people unable to spread the virus.

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/21 09:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In response to Monkey44

I'm guessing here but all these vaccines use some method to make the subject body create the spike protein of the coronavirus. This initiates an immune response in the subject in that the subject's body recognized this spike protein as foreign and ramps up the response.

I would think that any vaccine that would stimulate a response to the same spike protein would booster a previous vaccine regardless of how the initial
vaccine created the response.

Any thoughts??

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/21 09:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Monkey44, I understand the idea behind the studies of mixed vaccines which makes good sense to me. I don't understand how the regulatory aspects of mixed vaccines (FDA: Vaccine Development, Testing, and Regulation) will be handled for the approval of these vaccination protocols.

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/21 09:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dturm wrote:

In response to Monkey44

I'm guessing here but all these vaccines use some method to make the subject body create the spike protein of the coronavirus. This initiates an immune response in the subject in that the subject's body recognized this spike protein as foreign and ramps up the response.

I would think that any vaccine that would stimulate a response to the same spike protein would booster a previous vaccine regardless of how the initial
vaccine created the response.

Any thoughts??
An antigen (vaccine) induces a immune response to the structure of the antigen, if the antigen is large (like a full virus or a portion of a virus) antibodies are generated against various portions of that structure. The various antibodies recognize their small portion, not other portions. The various antibodies can recognize overlapping portions of the antigen. A prime and boost vaccination protocol typically uses the same structure to get to the desired antibody titer level of the desired antibodies (for example ones against the RBD). If the prime and boost do not both elicit some of the same antibodies (for example the same ones against the RBD), the desired antibody titer may not be reached. However, priming and boosting with different antigens can elicit a wider range of antibodies.

The question is do the various vaccines (antigens) elicit enough of the same antibodies to yield the desired titer level after a prime and boost with different antigens. In other words, how close in RNA sequence and the resulting 3-d structure in the body are the RNA fragments (antigens) that are produced by the various vaccines (sequence and shape are important for antibody recognition).

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/21 09:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mark, that makes sense.

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/21 10:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’ve seen a few studies of convalescent sera where they were trying to identify and collect the neutralizing antibodies from this sera. In these studies I have seen large numbers of different sars-cov-2 antibodies identified.

8,558 IgG1+ antigen-binding clonotypes were identified

In this study convalescent sera from several patients was mined for antibodies against sars-cov-2 and each patient had between 1.01 ×107 to 1.43×108 unique antibodies.

This study found five non-overlapping RBD epitopes; which means the sized of the RBD is at least 5 times larger than the area 1 antibody can cover.

* This post was edited 02/05/21 10:53am by BCSnob *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 119  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> 2019–20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.