Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: 2019–20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> 2019–20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 119  
Prev  |  Next
monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/21 11:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dturm wrote:

In response to Monkey44

I'm guessing here but all these vaccines use some method to make the subject body create the spike protein of the coronavirus. This initiates an immune response in the subject in that the subject's body recognized this spike protein as foreign and ramps up the response.

I would think that any vaccine that would stimulate a response to the same spike protein would booster a previous vaccine regardless of how the initial
vaccine created the response.

Any thoughts??

Well, I'm not a biologist, but as I understand it, the mRNA vaccine attacks the spike component that penetrates the human cell to reproduce itself. The DNA vaccine promotes antigens that destroy the entire virus cell.

So, it seems different methodology to me, although it might make no difference medically which way we kill it - but as a booster, it might ultimately act like an initial shot if mRNA vs DNA. Personally, I'd rather take two shots of the same, than one of one kind and one of another. At least until we know more ... I've had one Moderna, and scheduled for second Moderna soon.

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Monaramblee

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/21 03:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Geo*Boy wrote:

Monaramblee wrote:

The Canadian made vacines will be a bit late to the party but will come in handy if we need the vacine annually.

It was my understanding that Canada does not have the ability to manufacture a vaccine at the present time and must rely on other countries for the vaccine.

That is currently correct but the Canadian government announced that they will be manufacturing vacines soon.

2008 Holiday rambler Vacationer XL
340 HP Cummins

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/21 04:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Monaramblee,

Please define "soon"

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, soon to have SiO2 batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/21 04:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The official word is 2 weeks after 2nd shot
Found out yesterday I picked the right Primary Doc..
In the county I'm in patients of ONE health care system (McLaren) in the 1B group are now getting the vaccine.. I got the E-mail to make an appointment Wed. Got the Shot Thu. 2nd shot already scheduled.

Home is where I park it.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Monaramblee

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/21 04:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pianotuna wrote:

Monaramblee,

Please define "soon"

The end of the year....maybe "soon" was an overstatement but i did say it was late in the game and would probably help with annual shots if necessary.

Monaramblee

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/21 04:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has announced a plan to produce millions of COVID-19 shots at a National Research Council-owned plant in Montreal this year, securing a domestic supply of vaccines as the global market contends with delivery delays and protectionist measures. Canada's inability to produce COVID-19 vaccines at home has been raising fears that the country is at the mercy of foreign governments who could at any time slam the doors shut to vaccine exports until their own people are vaccinated

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/21 07:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wonder if Great Britain continued its plans for the heads up comparison for the various vaccines? With mutant strains emerging how do they plan to segregate vaccine efficacy versus strains?

charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/06/21 02:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Monaramblee, in taking a look at the figures today, there recently seems to be a high correlation between vaccinations given and reduction in cases of Coviid in the US; it may just be a blip in data, but I believe with the 6 percent of the qualified population inoculated in the US, this has something to do with it.

During World War II, the Defense Production Act passed Congress; this law is the one which the current administration will use to convert existing manufacturing platforms to rapidly produce various vaccines; now I read up on the manufacturing platforms in Canada for rapidly making medical equipment, personal protective equipment (PPEs), and other related products; those platforms are already in existence. It would not take much to dissolve the US/Canada border in order to have highly skilled employees from each country cross back and forth between the two countries to create what is called in economics as "economies of scale." While US is expanding with more and more vaccines instead of producing PPEs, medical equipment and such, Canada could produce those things as Canada already has those manufacturing platforms. Since Canada only needs to inoculate approximately 33 million people and the US needs to inoculate approximately 300 million people, this plan can happen with the help of medical military personnel from both countries for inoculations. We must remember that most civilian nurses and doctors are tied to the hospitals using the equipment which Canada is producing. This precludes each country from replicating the same manufacturing platforms from scratch which takes a lot time and money. We really need to put Biden's and Trudeau's heads together pronto.

charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/06/21 12:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

P.S. The Defense Production Act was passed by Congress in 1950 in anticipation of the Korean War, not World War II.

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/21 01:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good news for those with egg allergies!

https://globalnews.ca/news/7561871/medic........ZSonKjQLo9KI3Hnq7LJrf2OL-iY6gNEMfQbRWrrk

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 119  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> 2019–20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.