Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: 2019–2022 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> 2019–2022 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 153  
Prev  |  Next
MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/21 07:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you. Google Scholar arrives as a white screen down here. I think I am going to visit a lab and get a Dick & Jane CBC before, during then after the prime then two boosts.

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 08/11/21 06:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here are a few articles I found searching using these terms:

+"SARS-CoV-2" antibodies +"hematopoietic stem cells"

SARS-CoV-2 virus interacts with Hematopoietic Stem Cells
Human Hematopoietic Stem, Progenitor, an........pond Ex Vivo to SARS-CoV-2 Spike Protein

This is another study on the impact of the virus on hematopoietic stem cells
SARS-CoV-2 infection and overactivation ........r for damage of hematopoietic stem cells

This study found no unusual adverse reactions to the Pfizer vaccine in allogeneic hematopoietic stem-cells recipients
Safety and immunogenicity of a first dos........neic hematopoietic stem-cells recipients

Here is a review that may be of interest
How Do We Manage Hematopoietic Cell Transplant during the SARS-CoV-2 Pandemic?

Here is a comment article (PDF) on recommended procedure to revaccinate post transplantation
REVACCINATION PROGRAM POST-HEMATOPOIETIC........AND COVID-19 VACCINE: CURRENT CHALLENGES

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 08/11/21 11:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

I encountered this very stimulating look at the role of the virus in patients with inflammatory autoimmune diseases, which includes a host of well known antagonists, especially in the elderly. The study of steroids and ACE-2 influence on inflammation by itself is worthy of intense study.

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/HYPERTENSIONAHA.120.15291

My specific interest is in the role that inactivated human and chimpanzee serums play in the appropriate activated white blood cell production. i.e. serum effect suppression due to overdose or inadequate vaccination elapsed time intervals.

Does mRNA immunology affect the response time of white blood cell production? I am omitting multi syllable medical terminology for the sake of a few folks who may be interested in this discussion.

Is it coincidence that a delay of more than eight days in white cell production is approximately the same amount of time needed for the virus to become critical in sensitive patients?

Or that the steroid Dexamethasone inhibits cytokine storms, the majority of which occurs in multi-inflammatory disease patients?

In the interest of keeping this discussion short I have combined several areas. But a curious linkage ties them all together from suppressed white cell production to cytokine runaway to diabetes and other immune disorders.

And thank you for your time and effort, sir. You have given me leads on text that requires hours and days of study with extended links.

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/21 10:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Neutralization of VOCs including Delta one year post COVID-19 or vaccine

This is a preprint of a study that measured neutralizing antibodies induced by wild-type infection (had Covid-19) or vaccines based on the wild-type spike (received Pfizer prime-boost, AstraZeneca prime-boost, or AstraZeneca prime-Pfizer boost). The ability of antibodies induced neutralize the wild type (Wuhan), Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Beta variants were measured all at the same time.

Quote:

The neutralizing capacity was similar against wild type (reference), Alpha (0.95 (0.92-0.98) and Delta 1.03 (0.95-1.11) but significantly reduced against Beta (0.54 (0.48-0.60)) and Gamma 0.51 (0.44-0.61).

12 months post infection, the antibodies present were able to neutralize wild type, Alpha and Delta equally; there was lower neutralization against Beta and Gamma.

Homologous prime-boost with Pfizer or AstraZeneca produced similar neutralization capacity of VOCs relative to wild type as a previous infection; good against Alpha and Delta weaker against Beta and Gamma.

Heterologous prime-boost (AZ-Pfizer) had lower neutralization capacity against Alpha and Delta compared to wild type (poorer than previous infection or homologous prime-boost) and a larger decreased neutralization capacity against Alpha and Gamma.

The amount of antibodies was lower after a mild infection than after any of the vaccines.

Quote:

Persistent neutralization of the wide-spread Alpha and Delta variants one year after wild-type infection may aid vaccine policy makers in low-resource settings when prioritizing vaccine supply. The reduced capacity of neutralizing Beta and Gamma strains, but not the Alpha and Delta strains following both infection and three different vaccine regimens argues for caution against Beta and Gamma-exclusive mutations in the efforts to optimize next generation SARS-CoV-2 vaccines.

The test used to simultaneously measure antibodies against wild type and multiple VOCs was produced by my employer.

* This post was edited 08/12/21 12:01pm by BCSnob *

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/21 07:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moderna has tested a booster vaccine based upon the beta variant. They have tested it in nonhuman primates.
Quote:

Neutralizing antibody responses gradually wane after vaccination with mRNA-1273 against several variants of concern (VOC), and additional boost vaccinations may be required to sustain immunity and protection. Here, we evaluated the immune responses in nonhuman primates that received 100 µg of mRNA-1273 vaccine at 0 and 4 weeks and were boosted at week 29 with mRNA-1273 (homologous) or mRNA-1273.ß (heterologous), which encompasses the spike sequence of the B.1.351 (beta or ß) variant.

They measured neutralizing antibodies against several circulating variants: epsilon, gamma, iota, delta, and beta (using one our our products).

At 8 weeks post boost the animals were challenged with SARS-CoV-2 beta virus. The immunized animals had undetected virus in the airways while the non immunized animals developed infections.

Quote:

Here, we show that boosting NHP ~ 6 months after their primary vaccination series with either mRNA-1273 or mRNA-1273.ß significantly increased serum neutralizing activity against all variants and mediated high-level protection in the upper and lower airways against challenge with the ß variant.

Quote:

In conclusion, the data reported here show that a booster dose can significantly improve the breadth and potency of neutralizing antibody responses sufficient to mediate protection upper and lower airway infection by a heterologous challenge virus shown to be relatively resistant to in vitro neutralization.

Boosting prevents the virus from replicating in the airways minimizing one from being able to infect others.

2g's

Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/21 10:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The thing is.. for these big groups/rallies ... is that people don't just come from that one city. They come from all over the country & carry the virus back to multiply. There was contact tracing done after last year's Sturgis rally and cases were carried to many states. The SD Governor is so adamant that the rally didn't cause much but she didn't include other states.

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 08/13/21 04:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Done.
Sinovac killed virus prime then an mRNA Moderna booster yesterday. Talked to my immunologist today. Chewed on me for experimentation but he made a "firm" appointment for me in September for a blood draw for an antibody analysis. Curiosity about SINOVAC + MODERNA got the best of him.

I'll post the lab results when I get them. It's fun to play Dr Frankenstein. But I will have to complete the Moderna series to permit surgery. My doctor has already set up an appt for a 2nd Blood draw in Oct.

I've got a hunch the prime booster well have a wider scope than the adeno virus primer. Nothing like killed (inactivated) human virus [emoticon]

* This post was edited 08/15/21 03:00am by MEXICOWANDERER *

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/21 04:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A risk calculator:

https://www.microcovid.org/

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, soon to have SiO2 batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/21 06:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some of you guys seem to really know what you are talking about so I have a serious question. Let me preface by saying we are vaccinated. That said, are these vaccines, really vaccines - or do they just minimize symptoms? Seems that they don't effectively control against transmission of the virus - especially the Delta variant. Case in point, dinner with friends last weekend - all fully vaccinated, one ended up with a breakthrough case and was pretty sick for 7 days. My wife got it, tested positive and now I have it. All of us pretty sick despite having been vaccinated. Seems like the variants are fairly unaffected by the vaccine. Will we have to continue to develop/take vaccines as this thing mutates?

2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Creek Silverback 29rw

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/21 06:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2g's wrote:

The thing is.. for these big groups/rallies ... is that people don't just come from that one city. They come from all over the country & carry the virus back to multiply. There was contact tracing done after last year's Sturgis rally and cases were carried to many states. The SD Governor is so adamant that the rally didn't cause much but she didn't include other states.

I agree - I call this "tourist Covid" - they pick it up in one place, but are back home by the time it becomes apparent that they are ill and get tested. Michigan had a HUGE peak last April, after so many had vacationed in wide-open "we love tourists" Florida for Spring Break.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 153  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> 2019–2022 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.