cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tequila

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Where is Tequila? Did he bring the caravan back?
16 REPLIES 16

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Tallyho: Your post is incorrect
I dont doubt thst the person you mentioned does drive his car. But it is illegal. I wonder how he crossed the border. A Canadian citizen cannot drive a foreign plated vehicle in Canada. There are a few vehicles that are permitted. They would be specialized vehicles for construction. Tequila is being wise
If a Canadian is stopped by a leothe vehicle will be siezed and you could end up in prison. If we were allowed yo dtive foreign vehicles we would all br dtivong US rv,s without paying tax. If you had an accident your foreign insurance would not be valid.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
no that was over 3 years ago, good thing, chemo patients are vulnerable

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
Glad to hear you're alright and your DW too. I often wondered how she made out. Still taking treatments?
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

Talleyho69
Yes you can.

A neighbor here, a good friend, who lives in BC and has been a permanent resident of Mexico for years, drives his Guerrero plated truck back to BC every summer, spends several months, then returns in the fall.

If you couldn't take a Mexican plated vehicle into Canada, you couldn't take a US or European plated one either.

Chris has traveled in Canada with his vehicle and has stated as much on this board.

Read this thread, it's from where you will be spending your time.
https://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?/topic/68434-driving-mexican-plated-car-to-canada/

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
You cannot take a Mexican plated vehicle into Canada. Once permanente if I want to drive down I will store it in San Carlos in the free zone and do a swap over. One nice thing aboiut BC is I can get a rebate on insurance while a vehicle is in mexico. Mind you I do live only 3 km from the border and its a rural area, so could probably store it in the US. A friend of mine is trying to talk the government into allowing something like the 6 month TIP in Mexico

Talleyho69
We drove our Mexico plated vehicle in the US for almost 3 months. We expected to get stopped and had our Guerrero drivers licenses handy. Nothing. When I crossed the border by myself pulling an enclosed cargo trailer, US Customs scanned my US passport, welcomed me back and sent me on my way. THEY DIDN'T EVEN LOOK IN THE TRAILER!!!!

I think the official view in the US and Canada of Mexico plates is not to have anything to do with them unless something really bad happens.

The Qualitas insurance that many of us buy here also covers your Mexican plated vehicle in the US and Canada. We do suggest that you confirm that with your agent, but it makes life easier!

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
They are pickier in Jalisco, you have to take the test and they wnat proof of your blood type.

Talleyho69
Here in Guerrero for a Drivers License the only test is a blood test, unless you already know your type!

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I am here. I took one caravan customer across early as she had respiratory issues and was anxious to get home. The company got all of its caravans out during the last 2 weeks of march. They made allowances for Canadians wanting to transit the US. I arrived home last week and I am in quarantine. I am now residente in Mexico, but I decided if I got sick, I would rather be in canada. I hope to get back in early Fall. We have to see what happens. I was intending to store my RV in Chapala, but felt it was safer to transit the US in it rather than my car and motel. I have decided to leave it at home and rent next year. $3000 in fuel & tolls for both ways is not making much sense. Need to buy a mexican palted car next year. I actually got my mexican drivers license. Got 100% on the written test. Looking forward to using it as an excuse to carry people in the back of my pickup at home, LOL. Mian reason was to get id with an address on it so its easier to buy a car. Plus if I get pulled over at home i can hand it over and say no speako inglish.

mexicoruss
Explorer
Explorer
This was posted to his Facebook account 10 hours ago so like Monday night the 23rd "Just got home. 8 days of 8 hours driving. Manzanillo to Abbotsford
I'm no longer comfortable driving an RV since my accident so it was really stressful. Now 2 weeks quarantine. Already ready to kill my wife, so I'm not looking forward to that ."
Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tequila is in Jalisco and always has been.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Pianotuner. We ctossed with no problems. Amm in nm. Hope to be home Friday.

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
When I last spoke to him he was leaving rig near PV and drive the car home or fly.

rocmoc n AZ
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Border is still open if you are going home!

rocmoc n AZ
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA