cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tallulah Gorge SP, Georgia

Artlover
Explorer
Explorer
Hi. I’m new to RVing and to this forum! My husband and I just purchased a Geo-Pro and haven’t taken it anywhere yet. We are thinking of going to the Tallulah Gorge State Park Campground, and are wondering if there is a steep grade going to/from the campground. I’m pulling with a Toyota Highlander V6 that’s rated to tow 5000 lbs. The Geo-Pro is a little over 3000 ,not including the hitch.
Any advice would be appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
No really steep grades at all. A little bit of a hill to climb at the entrance but is nothing, really.

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Only steep part is just about 200 yds from the redlight on 441 up to the CG entrance
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Don't be that concerned with grades! Gear down, go slow. You'll be fine. You won't get to go so many beautiful places if grades are an issue with you.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

GottaRunGottaCa
Explorer
Explorer
Very easy grades going in & out of the park, it's less than 1 mile from hwy 441, by the way this is a great campground.
2016 F350
2019 Heartland Torque TQ-371

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
I can't speak for the State Park, we didn't stay there. We stayed at River Falls at the Gorge Campground and that had a steep hill heading down to the river, not bad though. We made that climb out with our 38' fifth wheel just fine but is was a little intimidating. :B

If I remember correctly we did check out the state park, the sites looked very nice BUT I can't remember the drive in or out of it, sorry. :h

I can say though that the gorge itself is beautiful!! Definitely worth visiting at least once!!! Good luck with your trip.

Dan

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Campground is a short distance off of US 23/441... no problem getting to it. Unlike many other states most GA SP CGs are still open... for now.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...