cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Battery Time. 6V?

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Yo, I know this is in the TC forum as well but no response and need to order me some batteries.

Any experience with NPP NP6 or Mighty Max 200ah 6V deep cycle batteries?
They are a bit more expensive than standard GC batteries, but they are AGM (or at least sealed) and they are slightly shorter than the standard batteries so they fit in my battery compartment without mods.

Not familiar with these. Gotta believe they're good at $200 a pop
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold
3 REPLIES 3

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grit dog wrote:
Not familiar with these. Gotta believe they're good at $200 a pop

This is a common myth.. A very common myth. (You get what you pay for). In these days of corporate greed.. You pay what they can get and you get what they give you.....

I'm not sold on AGM but I will say this. If the traditional GC-2 does not fit. and if access for topping off with distilled water every 1-24 months is not easy.. Then I'd consider AGM.s

My Deka G-20's are 6 years old. Still going strong 230 amp hours at the 20 hour rate.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^Thanks matt. I put it here because itโ€™s more about the batteries than specific RV.
Anyone actually use these?
Specifically the Mighty Max?
They actually fit the tray and have 2 of em on order!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Grit,

This ended up in "General" which is not a TC forum, but I have a little bit to contribute. I do not know the brands you are asking about, but 200$us ea for AGM golf cart batteries is a decent deal. I can't do much better until I buy 10 at a time.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.