Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: New DISH equipment to sell, husband died
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

 > New DISH equipment to sell, husband died

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Dave5w

Venice, FL (formerly Goshen, NY)

Senior Member

Joined: 08/27/2001

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/24/20 03:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Last fall my husband and I switched from DirecTv to DISH because DirecTv was making changes to their RV programming. We also use satellite in our home in FL so we have been using that since October. When we signed up with DISH, we were talked into buying the equipment for the RV because it was on sale. We could turn it on when we traveled in the summer. It was a great plan except that he died suddenly in February. I was the driver but I cannot go RVing by myself. He was my navigator. I would appreciate suggestions of how to sell this new equipment, boxes never opened. It is a Wally and an HDTV Indoor Over the Air Antenna with Dual USB adapter. DISH will not take them back because it has been so many months since we purchased them. They said the warranty would not be activated until the equipment was installed in the RV.


Sunnybrook 2006 34BWKS 36' triple slide pulled by 2002 Silverado 2500HD 8L engine and 4.1 rear.

haste maker

alabama

Senior Member

Joined: 05/29/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/24/20 03:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry for your lost, may he RIP..


Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

MarkTwain

Northern, Ca. , USA

Senior Member

Joined: 07/26/2002

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/24/20 03:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dave5w wrote:

Last fall my husband and I switched from DirecTv to DISH because DirecTv was making changes to their RV programming. We also use satellite in our home in FL so we have been using that since October. When we signed up with DISH, we were talked into buying the equipment for the RV because it was on sale. We could turn it on when we traveled in the summer. It was a great plan except that he died suddenly in February. I was the driver but I cannot go RVing by myself. He was my navigator. I would appreciate suggestions of how to sell this new equipment, boxes never opened. It is a Wally and an HDTV Indoor Over the Air Antenna with Dual USB adapter. DISH will not take them back because it has been so many months since we purchased them. They said the warranty would not be activated until the equipment was installed in the RV.


Check around with some of your local RV shops. Call Dish customer service and ask to speak a manager/supervisor.

Lwiddis

Mono Basin National Forest Scenic Area

Senior Member

Joined: 08/12/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Online
Posted: 03/24/20 04:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try Craig’s List.


Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)


SparkDr

Lake George, NY

Full Member

Joined: 07/22/2015

View Profile



Posted: 03/24/20 05:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In the big picture, I wouldn’t fret this too much. Both of these items can be had new on Amazon for little more than $100 today. Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, and classified sections of forums like this should generate enough interest to find them a new home. If you can find someone to pay you half that plus the shipping costs, it’s probably fair enough for both parties.


May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut up whenever I get too caught up in my own misconceived brilliance.

dalej

texas

Senior Member

Joined: 03/19/2006

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 03/25/20 05:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another internet possibility is Offerup


2005 Chevy HD2500, ext cab, 4x4, 8.1, allison,lwb,srw, 265 75 16's, timbrens

Second Chance

Wherever...

Senior Member

Joined: 07/23/2013

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 03/25/20 09:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've had good luck with Facebook Marketplace on several items lately. If you have a FaceBook account, you might try that. The last few things I listed on Craigslist only resulted in being contacted by scammers.

Rob


U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015


AsheGuy

Raleigh, North Carolina

Senior Member

Joined: 11/15/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 03/25/20 11:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Second Chance wrote:

We've had good luck with Facebook Marketplace on several items lately. If you have a FaceBook account, you might try that. The last few things I listed on Craigslist only resulted in being contacted by scammers.Rob
Yes, selling on Craigslist can bring scammers out of the woodwork and if that bothers the seller they should avoid online selling websites. But I have sold multiple cars, a camera, etc. on Craigslist with no problem (I always assume a scammer first). A couple of the cars sold overnight. I save a lot of money by not trading in cars when I decide to buy a new one. A little common sense and caution (where you meet) goes a long way.


David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -



Dave5w

Venice, FL (formerly Goshen, NY)

Senior Member

Joined: 08/27/2001

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/25/20 11:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the suggestions. With the virus situation in the country, I think I should wait to do this so I don't have to meet with someone who might be ill and not know it yet.

Also need to sell truck and RV but I think I might get more later when things settle down.

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

Senior Member

Joined: 03/22/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/25/20 12:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dave5w wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions. With the virus situation in the country, I think I should wait to do this so I don't have to meet with someone who might be ill and not know it yet.

Also need to sell truck and RV but I think I might get more later when things settle down.


Please Check you private messages....


Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet


Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

 > New DISH equipment to sell, husband died
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.