cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windshield seal

C20
Explorer
Explorer
I have an 08 Itasca, and the windshield seal leaks. It also came off when a truck passed me once and I had it put back on. It has since come off again, and I stopped and bought the 3M windshield adhesive and a new seal.

The seal is like the old one, but when I put it on it barely fits the gap. There is hardly any seal left to put the adhesive on. So that brings me to two questions.

Do they make a seal that is wider so more adhesive could stick to it?

Could I just fill the gap with the windshield adhesive, and then put a piece of Eternabond tape on it and not put the rubber back on at all>

This is the seal at the top of the windshield that I'm talking about. It goes from one side to the other in one piece.

Thank you all!
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins
5 REPLIES 5

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
It is still a Winnie problem with our 2914 Winnie. I took the seal out, cleaned up and recaulked as best I could. Then glued and sealed the edges of the seal. Then covered the entire seal with 4” wide electrical tape( any good tape would work) and finally put a stick on gutter above the windshield to stop roof runoff from coming down

4 years later, no leaks.
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

C20
Explorer
Explorer
That might be a good idea!
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

Bruce_Brown
Spray foam and Eternabond?
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

C20
Explorer
Explorer
Bruce,
It is rusted. The last time I had a windshield put it it had quite a bit of rust on it. They got it put in but wouldn't guarantee that it wouldn't leak. The leak is intermittent, and not bad, but I'd like to seal it up. I thought that by filling the void with the adhesive then using tape instead of rubber it might make a better seal. The next time I need a windshield I'll take it to Winnebago and have them fix the rust and make it right
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

Bruce_Brown
Any chance the structure is rusted out?

I haven't read of many lately but it used to be a common Winnie issue.

If it is you'd be better off removing the windshield and getting it fixed properly.

There has to be a reason for the issue you're having.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910