cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install new cab over curtain in a Bigfoot TC, HOW?

welsteach
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2006 Bigfoot 25c10.6e TC. It came to us without a cab over curtain. Since we live in Alaska and camp in the midnight sun, we would like a curtain to cover Cabover end to block light. There is no track, so we obviously need to begin from scratch. Not sure what track to use, what size screws (if I can indeed use screws), etc. Anyone have pictures of one Bigfoot installed? Anyone know of a track system that would work and method of install? Appreciate any help.
10 REPLIES 10

welsteach
Explorer
Explorer
This is just in case someone else needs help with this. Grant at Bigfoot replied to my inquiry. He said 3/4” screws in ceiling of 2500 work. I installed a curtain track, a lightweight dark showered curtain (shortened) to keep down weight and voila! It worked splendidly.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
jimh425 wrote:
What do you mean by cab over curtain?

A device that separates the cabover bed area from thh rest of the camper

My Arctic Fox has a curtain - it's a pleated shade type of thing. I used it once to block the A/C from blowing in the bed when I camped in 90 degree heat in Moab. That's the only time I've used it.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Scottiemom wrote:
We have a B+ and to block out the light, I used a tension rod across the cab then used a heavy fabric for my curtain. Don't know if that would work for you, but it didn't required any screws, etc.

When we went to Alaska, I bought us sleep masks. They were very light weight and we got used to them quickly. They worked well.

Dale

X2

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
It must be outside shell that is fiberglass. You have to have insulation and than interior paneling.
As far as I know there are no standards nor codes how to build TC, but I would expect at least 1.5" roof thickness.

welsteach
Explorer
Explorer
Bigfoot has ducting in cabover, so airflow not a problem. “Mouse fur” on ceiling, so Velcro won’t work unless curtain is exceedingly light. Yes, attempting to cross spam entering the cabover in my Truck camper. Problem isn’t finding track or way to hang a curtain, but how to mount to ceiling, as it is a fiberglass shell. I don’t know what I am screwing into (insulation, wood) or the depth I have to use.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Both my campers had factory curtains. They also had furnace ducting in cabover area.
Having hookups, I was plugging in miniature Zen heater there.

Click For Full-Size Image.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Yeti’s Velcro idea x2.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Yeti_plus
Explorer
Explorer
Before we went to Alaska, Yukon and N.W.T. we made blackout curtains for all the windows. We just hung them with velcro. We bought self adhesive velcro at the dollar store and stuck pieces to the valance or window frame and corresponding pieces to the fabric. Put up at night , take down in morning.
Using this idea we can let some light and air in through the lower windows. I also installed a black vent cover over the vent over the bed, it keeps out most of the light and allows air to circulate.
We still use them 4 years later.
I am assuming that you mean a curtain across the entry to the bed area from the main part of the camper. Putting a curtain across there cuts down on air flow, so no air circulation from the furnace, if needed.
Brian
2014 Chevrolet 3500 CC 4X4 Duramax, Tork Lift Tiedowns, TorkLift Fastguns, Superhitch and supertruss
2009 Jayco 213 SOLD
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
What do you mean by cab over curtain? Are you trying to block an escape hatch?

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
We have a B+ and to block out the light, I used a tension rod across the cab then used a heavy fabric for my curtain. Don't know if that would work for you, but it didn't required any screws, etc.

When we went to Alaska, I bought us sleep masks. They were very light weight and we got used to them quickly. They worked well.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/