cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello newbie here...looking for suggestions/ideas :)

Cattiva73
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone,
just bought a new to us 2012 Jayco Hybrid 20E with the two pop up beds at each end.
we used to have a 32Ft travel trailer...the Jayco will be used just for long weekends trips to the beach etc..
Any suggestions on how to make those beds comfortable? should we get air mattresses or just nice sleeping bags???
Anything else we should upgrade or watch out for?
Thank you
Cheers 🙂

Eva
6 REPLIES 6

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
penguin149 wrote:
2" memory foam helps. Roll it up and fold in half to store in bathtub in my X17C. Had to cut to fit.

yeah that is what we use, when traveling we fold the memory foam in half, roll it up and then use bungee cords to keep it compact

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Cattiva73
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for your help, will check and buy as you suggested 😉

Cattiva73
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Washable, large sleeping bags would be my choice in your situation.

Thanks 🙂

penguin149
Explorer
Explorer
2" memory foam helps. Roll it up and fold in half to store in bathtub in my X17C. Had to cut to fit.
2021 Nissan Titan Pro-4X 5.6L V8 4WD - 2019 Keystone Bullet 243BHS

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Cattiva73 wrote:
Hi everyone,
just bought a new to us 2012 Jayco Hybrid 20E with the two pop up beds at each end.
we used to have a 32Ft travel trailer...the Jayco will be used just for long weekends trips to the beach etc..
Any suggestions on how to make those beds comfortable? should we get air mattresses or just nice sleeping bags???
Anything else we should upgrade or watch out for?
Thank you
Cheers 🙂

Eva

Mattress toppers or egg crates for the beds.
Popup Gizmos for the tent ends.
Aerospace 303 for bunk seal maintenance.

Check the bunk doors and hinge areas for water intrusion or delam.
Check bunk door seals for tears, cracking or permanent compression.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Washable, large sleeping bags would be my choice in your situation.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad